We are committed to equipping candidates and campaigns around the country with the resources they need to win. Our data warehouse and analytics tools is our product (‘Phoenix’), along with a suite of voting services applications and tools including IWillVote.com
and voter protection software utilized by thousands of volunteers across the country each election cycle.
We are looking for a product manager to collaborate with the data team to identify the highest value opportunities to improve the quality, usability, and accessibility of our data for users at all levels. This role operates at the intersection of business, engineering, user experience, data analysis, and data science.
- Identify our biggest product opportunities—for our data products / tools, work with the team to plan, design, implement new features and products. Our goal is to level up up our existing product before building new things.
- Collaborate with other departments of the DNC and with Democrats around the country to get a real understanding of what problems we can help solve.
- Drive decisions with data. Help us create feedback loops in our products and pick the right metrics to measure whether we’re actually solving real problems for our users.
- Communicate clearly and approach problems with curiosity and humility.
What we will look for ..
- Typically 0-2 years experience as a product manager
- Comfortable with one or more of the following: SQL, data architecture, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio).
- Are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together
- Deep knowledge of and passion for technology products.
What we would be excited to see ..
- Electoral campaign experience, and specifically experience with political data, is not required, but is definitely a plus.
- Experience with front-end programming
- Experience managing numerous stakeholders and large cross-functional teams
- Experience working with a remote team