Defiant is a small, dynamic, fast-growing, and profitable company with loyal customers who love our products and services. We are the global leader in WordPress security, protecting over 4 million websites.
We are hiring a Senior Digital Marketing Manager. We require someone with a hands-on approach to develop and implement inbound Marketing strategies to grow and strengthen the Wordfence brand along with the branding and awareness of our product line.
Are you excited about working for a technology company that is securing the web? Are you looking for full-time, flexible hours* working remotely from anywhere in the United States? If so, this may be your dream job!
Salary is $115,000 to $120,000, depending on experience.
This position requires that you be eligible to work in the US without immigration assistance.
*Required core hours of 10am - 1pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
Defiant's product, Wordfence, secures over 4 million WordPress websites. We are the leader in the WordPress security space. We have a large number of paying customers, most of whom are individuals and small businesses in addition to several enterprise customers. Our goal is to expand awareness of our band and product line and to expand into the enterprise market.
As our Senior Digital Marketing Manager, you will start by taking stock of our current brands, their status in the market, and our current market modus operandi. You will suggest key performance indicators and implement measurement of those indicators that we can track over time. Once we have established baselines, you will:
- Suggest ways to expand our brand and inbound marketing efforts or effectiveness.
- Ensure we have established a baseline measurement.
- Implement the idea.
- Measure if it was effective or not.
We have a busy internal operation that has a proven record of success. As you begin to work on the above, you will need to collaborate with our busy team, ensuring that our ongoing Marketing operations and efforts continue to be productive and bear fruit. In other words, you’ll need to grow the brand, while ensuring that you don’t disrupt existing operations and are able to meaningfully contribute to those efforts.
We require a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience. You will be joining a technical team and the ability to code and query relational databases is a strong plus. We use Hubspot and are in the process of significantly expanding our integration and use of Hubspot so previous Hubspot experience is a plus. We implement node.js or Python code in our Hubspot workflows so knowledge of either is helpful.
Defiant is in the process of entering the enterprise market and this will require building a sales team. Experience with Hubspot or Salesforce sales workflows is a strong plus. Experience building or running a sales organization, or experience in sales is a strong plus.
We are looking for mature, capable individuals who are easy to work with, are self-starters and who have a strong work ethic. You will be working extensively with various members of our team, managing multiple projects, and playing a hands-on role in implementing projects and measuring your success. The successful candidate will be able to coordinate multiple concurrent projects and lines of communication on an ongoing and sustainable basis.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO and the founding team. If you’re a great match and are interested in this high growth opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
- Analyze and report website performance and lead website optimization decisions.
- Track KPI’s on all leads and engagement and adjust campaigns based on learnings.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports.
- Ensure and maintain database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, and conversion performance.
- Develop a digital marketing strategy by studying economic indicators, tracking changes in supply and demand, identifying customers and their current and future needs, and monitoring the competition.
- Collaborate with outside design firms to design and implement website visuals and efficiencies.
- Identify Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
- Optimize and Maintain Adsense.
- Assist with reducing churn and implement churn-reducing strategies.
- Plan and implement ways to move customers through different products (free to paid, paid to higher tier).
Social Media/ Media Content:
- Define social media strategy and create engaging social media posts (graphics and content) in alignment with the company’s goals. Analyze results and adjust strategy as needed.
- Deliver critical insights and recommendations that optimize the performance of the marketing department and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with our media department to create and produce content for the website and social media channels.
- Identify, develop, and automate data integrity through automation workflows.
- Manage the optimization of our HubSpot instance, including platform integrations, workflow development and management, templates, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all things HubSpot, whether within the technical strategy, implementation, execution, or troubleshooting.
- Develop, execute, and test Sales and Marketing campaign automation.
- Segment lead generation lists based on Marketing campaigns.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of Marketing campaigns in CRM.
- Oversee new processes, methodologies, guidelines, and best practices necessary to achieve the company’s digital communication and Marketing objectives.
- Our ideal candidate will have a wide range of Marketing experience, from social media to ads, and analytics along with a deep understanding of Hubspot.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a offer of employment with the company.