Headquarters: Glen Allen, VA
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support customers’ day-to-day support requests via email, telephone, live chat, or in-app
- Thoroughly documenting potential defects for troubleshooting by Support Engineers and QA
- Monitor platform performance and triage customer-reported problems
- Work effectively and efficiently under limited supervision, earning autonomy to use initiative and independent judgment
- Evaluate current and new Decisiv functionality and create written and visual content for knowledge base articles & videos, tool tips, and template responses to customer questions and problems
- Learn! Our Support team and our platform are evolving, so there will be many opportunities to learn and grow.
- 1+ year(s) of academic or technical experience with:
- Desktop and mobile operating systems
- All major browsers and versions
- Common web protocols and technologies such as HTTP, FTP, email deliverability; and network connectivity
- Reading and interpreting log files, regardless of source application
- Reliable access to an appropriate work location where you can take telephone & video calls and record high-quality video & audio without interruption, distraction, or background noise
- A strong, stable broadband internet connection that can handle simultaneous Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls, streaming video, and comparable high-bandwidth applications (typically, 8 Mbps upload / 1.5 Mbps download at a minimum)
- Availability to work 40 hours per week and be “on-call” for select weekends (typically, one weekend every other month) within Decisiv Support's hours of operations
- Located full-time in one of the following locations or time zones:
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Ageo, Japan
- Central Time
- Mountain Time
- Pacific Time
- Western European Time
- Central European Time
- Japan Standard Time.
- Experience creating ‘How To’ videos, knowledge base articles, application walk-throughs, or other, similar content
- Experience with maintenance & repair functions for commercial vehicles (or a comparable industry)
- Experience with Decisiv Support’s technology stack (e.g., Zendesk, github, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, New Relic, Pager Duty, StatusPage.io, Pendo.io)
- Proficient spoken and written communication skills in more than two languages (i.e., American English and two or more of Spanish, French, Swedish, Japanese, or other languages).
Why work with Us?
Apply for this position
Does the role seem like a good fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you! Applying is easy. Just submit the following to email@example.com: 1. Your most current resume 2. Cover letter (see below for more details) While applying is pretty easy, standing out among candidates does take effort. You see, it’s pretty hard (and very time consuming) for us to find the truly great candidates, so we ask you make it really obvious to us just how great you are. The easiest way to do that is to address the following questions/topics in your cover letter: 1. What would you work on if you were given a month to do anything that would help users be successful with an application and need less help from Support? 2. Why do you want to work in Support, and why would you be a great Decisiv Support Engineer? 3. What are your career goals, and how does a Support role and working at Decisiv fit with those goals? 4. If you have them, share examples of Support content you’ve personally created (e.g., How-To videos, knowledge base articles, FAQs, API documentation). Don’t have any of your own examples? Share some examples that you think are really good and tell us why.