Full Stack Software Engineer (Python, BigData)
Visit company website
View all DealTracker jobs
Here's to the crazy ones. The hackers. The doers. The curious geeks in a world of corporate zombies...
A cool, fully-remote startup is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer… preferably one that does NOT suck! You must be speaking Python better than your mother tongue, and able to do the work of both a backend developer and a data engineer.
On top of the salary, you'll get stock options, performance-based bonuses, and annual profit share, as well as extensive training and mentoring, BUT…
You must be an absolute perfectionist — you're simply too passionate about your work to call something "done" when it's not near perfect yet!
Do you remember how "Monica" from F.R.I.E.N.D.S was obsessed with the little details? Now, imagine if she became a software engineer somehow… Do you think this is you?
Okay, we want to hire you if you...
- have rock-solid experience in building data-intensive web applications
- are proficient with Python2.7 and Python3 alike
- have good knowledge of Python's standard library
- know Django/DRF
- know your way around AWS
- know how to BigData
- have ninja-level skills with SQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- worked with ETL and data pipelines before
- have advanced skills when it comes to web scraping
- are proficient with UNIX and Shell Scripting
It would be nice if you...
- have experience with any of these technologies: ElasticSearch, SQLAlchemy, Selenium, Golang, Elixir, Apache Kafka, React Native, or Serverless/AWS Lambda
- have DevOps experience
- worked on recommender systems of any kind
- are a fan of Pink Floyd
On top of that, you...
- are passionate about making a difference in an early-stage startup with a kickass product
- like hacking pet projects, just for fun and kudos
- can work in a fully-remote environment and embrace asynchronous communication
- document and test your code, and you are familiar with continuous delivery
- are familiar with Agile methodologies
- have Sherlock Holmes-like detective skills; you know how to dive deep into data investigations to identify unknown problems and debug data anomalies.
Your typical day at DealTracker
You will be working in a small team of A-players, reporting directly to our Tech Lead, and our CEO. In a typical day, you will:
- build and scale new features on both the backend and data engineering sides
- participate in the design and architecture of new features
- integrate third-party APIs and services
- build and test data processing pipelines
- take care of your personal staging environment
So, what will we build together?
DealTracker is a real-time deal aggregator that collects deals from all the major online retailers in the US and ranks them based on current and historical prices, product reviews, brand reputation, etc.
It's also a social platform for curated shopping, where people can create shareable product collections in a Pinterest-like fashion. They can also follow their favorite brands and product categories for personalized deal discovery.
We didn't launch the product yet, but you can demo our old PoC here to get an idea.
Are you the real deal? Let's talk!
If any of these things fall into your area of expertise and you want to join a kickass team of A-player hackers, now is the time to apply...
We would love to hear about your experience and the coolest projects you've contributed to.
Our process is fast and you'll know our final decision within a week. We are also very flexible on timezones. This job should fit nicely with your typical workday if you're from North America, Europe, or MEA.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.