We want to eventually help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We are looking for a versatile freelance Product Designer to help us work on redesigning a few key components of our product experience. You’ll work directly with our Student Experience team, a small team of 2 engineers and 1 Product Manager, to iteratively improve our onboarding, dashboard, and more.
Who Should Apply?
We’re seeking a freelance Product Designer who has a strong eye for visual design and enjoys creating rough and rich prototypes for web products. You’ll be responsible for redesigning our current on-boarding and perfecting our progress and agenda emails.
You must be passionate about learning, and enjoy iterating on existing design systems. We’re seeking a team player with strong collaboration and communication skills, who knows what it takes to thrive and produce in a remote and autonomous environment.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Designing the information architecture, interactions, and visual design for specific components we’re redesigning.
- Creating both wireflows and rich prototypes based on product requirements.
- Editing layout of app mission / course pages to focus more on displaying our content.
- Changing the layout of Dashboard components.
- Redesign current onboarding to exist on a single page.
- Redesign existing progress and agenda emails.
- Deep experience in both UI and UX development.
- Experience creating both rough and rich prototypes for web products.
- Experience iterating on an existing design system.
- An eye for visual design.
- Experience with prototyping tools like InVision, Figma, and Balsamiq.
Nice To Have:
- Passion for education and/or education technology.
- Passion for or interest in data science.
- Experience working with remote teams.
This is a part-time, contract position. We're seeking a freelance Product Designer who can commit to roughly 20 hours per week for the foreseeable future.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.