Who We Are
Crowdcast is the online events platform for businesses, creators, and people at large to bring their community together. We've had massive growth over the past month as people all over the world move their events online. Every month, hundreds of thousands of people attend events ranging from Q&As to workshops, live shows, meet-ups, webinars, online concerts, & online summits. Our customers range from big companies like Adobe, IBM, Twilio, & HP to creators like Amanda Palmer, MIA, System of a Down & Jacob Collier.
We believe technology can be used to bring people together & bridge divides. We're empowering people to share their ideas at scale, bring their communities together, and make a living in the process.
We're a profitable, remote-first, and long-term thinking company. You could say, we're a zebra
Who You Are
You get a kick out of imagining what's possible and then realizing it through code. You have a not-so-secret obsession with solving complex problems. You're aware that your job isn't over when that code gets deployed.
You have high integrity, are self-motivated, and a life-long learner. You're not afraid to dive into uncharted territory and are open to updating your opinions based on new information. You communicate thoughtfully and grasp ideas easily. You're constantly pushing yourself to grow and become the most authentic & full expression of yourself.
You've spent years refining your engineering skills and now you want to do work that truly makes a positive impact on the world. You're looking to help build a company that's directly empowering people while being profitable and sustainable. You balance creating impact today with long-term goals, and you want to play a key role in an early team. You're motivated to help build a team you love working with and a culture that you're proud to be part of.
What You'll Do
- You won't be just another engineer at a giant company. We're a small tight-knit multidisciplinary team, and you'll be directly involved in shaping the product & culture.
- You'll be responsible for developing our native Android application.
- You'll work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- You'll leverage the power of WebRTC and video technologies to bring the best possible experience of live video to our users.
- You switch between working solo and collaboratively to complete projects quickly.
- You'll be meeting and working with the product team to ensure we're building a high-quality experience.
- We value ownership and the ability to take an idea through all of the stages from conception to shipping a product. As an engineer at Crowdcast, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. There are no bosses.
Your Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Android engineering experience either in Java or Kotlin
- You've built and shipped successful large-scale Android apps
- You're independent, self-motivated, and can stay efficient in a remote environment
- You've excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're familiar with automated testing
- You can deliver high-quality features at a fast pace
- You know your way around debugging and how to target and optimize for different device types and families
- Bonus: You have experience working with WebRTC and video
- Bonus: You are familiar with GraphQL and know how to use it in your Android apps
Benefits & Perks
- A competitive salary with equity
- Healthcare Coverage (including dental & vision)
- Flexible hours – We're remote-first, you pick when you work
- Annual Retreats
- Paid Maternal/Paternal Leave
- Unlimited Vacation Policy – Take time off to take care of yourself
- Flexible PTO & Sick leave
- Investment in career growth and training
Crowdcast is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that makes you uniquely YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we'll be as a team—and the better we'll be able to create an inclusive product.