Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, AST (UTC -4)
In this role, you will lead the Engineering Team, working on projects to help expand CourseStorm's features and refine its exceptional user experience. We're looking for someone who genuinely enjoys learning, listening, and collaborating to make software that people love to use. You'll be part of an energized startup environment filled with interesting challenges. As the senior-most member of our Engineering team, you’ll also have a direct impact on our company at the highest level.
At CourseStorm, you'll report directly to our technical co-founder and be a key decision-maker, helping to drive the company forward. You'll also be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the software engineering team where we follow agile processes and you can drive our continual focus on rapid, iterative development. Here, you'll grow and mentor a cross-functional team of high performers who love coming to work to build the best software possible. Beyond the day-to-day, you'll also get to shape our internship program, creating a talent pipeline for our growing Engineering team and developing a new generation of talented software engineers.
You'll love this job if – like us – you are passionate about education, learning, and personal growth for yourself and others.
Building a growth-stage startup isn't for everyone, but if you relish a challenge and long to have a direct impact in your work, there's no better place. As a company, we hold ourselves to a high standard and have a fundamental need to work with others who do the same. If that sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of, we might just be your people.
This is a flexible, remote position that allows you to work from home or come into our offices in Orono, Maine. However, due to quarterly in-person team meetings, we favor candidates in the New England area.
- 3+ years of software engineering leadership, project management, and team management
- Unique ability to operate from experience at a technical level as well as in a leadership role for the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Natural ability to simplify complexity
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Open-minded and willing to work collaboratively to solve complex problems
- A healthy and thriving company culture -- you get to work with an amazing team of people who nurture true work+life fit
- Remote flexible position lets you work from home or come into the office
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off -- "Take What You Need", Unlimited Paid Time Off starting Jan 2023
- Short Term Disability starting Jan 2023
- Paid professional development
- $1k home office budget
- $1k / year personal learning stipend: use it to buy books, classes with a friend, videos, etc -- just learn something new!
- Be a part of one of the Best Places to Work in Maine!
We are a fast-growing startup on a mission to connect millions of people to education through easy to use software that delights educators and learners alike. We’ve made more than 750,000 connections so far – and we’re just getting started. We’re seeking a motivated, curious, and skilled leader to to join our fast-moving, 20-person company and help us connect millions more to education.
At CourseStorm, empathy and inclusivity shape the heart of our company. We believe that everyone is needed to build a better world through education. The unique experiences, perspectives, and talents of our team members aren’t accessories – they are instrumental to our success and the impact we make. We welcome anyone with an open mind and an open heart to join us on this journey.
CourseStorm does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.