ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly.
We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
to join our team.
We're hiring for two roles on two of our Engineering squads - our Commerce Squad and our Automations Squad - using one open role. Please read the descriptions below to determine which role best matches your skill set.
This role is remote - US and EMEA time zones preferred.
You’ll join a small team of engineers responsible for building and supporting ConvertKit Commerce
. ConvertKit Commerce allows our users to bridge the gap between building and connecting with their audience and earning an income. You’ll collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to support improvements based on user feedback and build new features.
In your first year, it’s possible you’ll work on:
- Currency support improvements across the app
- Tax partner implementation
- Product and pricing variants for Commerce products
Potential upcoming projects:
Your Responsibilities and Impact
- Work closely with the team to help define technical direction and architecture.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering managers to break down projects into well-defined, engineering-focused tasks, estimated effectively. Provide feedback on risks and dependencies, along with insight into what scope can be cut while still meeting business goals.
- Work to foster close and effective relationships within the team: you actively listen to teammates, practice radical candor, and lean in to productive disagreements.
- You’re accountable for the work you commit to. You proactively communicate blockers, hold yourself accountable to timeframes, and can balance your work with unblocking others via code reviews, pair sessions, etc.
The Right Person Has
- Confidence architecting end-to-end features, including starting conversations about behavior, edge cases, and blockers when necessary
- Strong experience architecting code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
- A commitment to mentoring and teaching other engineers formally and informally
- Experience with our stack (React and Ruby/Rails)
- Comfort working remotely in an autonomous and somewhat async environment
- Belief in our mission, vision, and values
- For Commerce: Specific past experiences related to payment infrastructure and transaction processing is a bonus
- For Automations: Experience with high volume background job processing with an eye toward scalability and performance is a plus.
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For both of these roles we’re hiring at a level 2 ($105,000), a level 3 ($130,000), or a level 4 ($155,000). Level is based upon your experience, our interview process, and our engineering matrix.
Other Benefits Include
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of employment
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks for each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Personal learning and development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- Fantastic twice a year team retreats, virtual or in-person depending on the circumstances
How To Apply
Applications will close on February 20, 2021. We usually receive a large number of applications, and hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date. You’ll hear from us either way during that time frame.
Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A short, 2-hour back-end coding and writing assignment
- A technical interview to discuss the homework assignment and your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step. To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of this posting as the starting point for discussion rather than proof you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap. You never know, you might be the perfect person for this role, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description above.