ConvertKit is a delightful email marketing SaaS platform that helps creators grow their audience, connect with their true fans, and earn a living online. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our Growth team as we scale from $26M ARR to $100M ARR. Your primary objectives will be to drive new account growth via subscription to the platform. Candidates must have a deep passion for helping creators and small businesses earn a living doing what they love. Previous experience working with an email service provider preferred.
- Drive growth
- Lead inbound and outbound customer acquisition strategy to drive new accounts
- Manage, track, and report on all sales activities and results
- Build and manage relationships with existing accounts and identify revenue expansion opportunities
- Partner with Data, Marketing, and Engineering teams to source qualified inbound lead opportunities to scale and automate our sales pipeline
- Build a deep understanding of our product and communicate the value to prospective customers via web demos and email communication.
- Generate high-value pipelines through strategic and targeted prospecting of creators and small businesses with large audiences.
- Work cross functionally
- Work alongside our sales development representatives, external contractors, account management, support, and migration teams to service new and existing creators.
- Help develop external sales materials to improve communication/talking points for outbound and inbound sales
- Research and identify new revenue opportunities within the creator ecosystem through individual creators or partnershipsProvide product feedback and be a major voice representing targeted creator types.
The right candidate should have:
- 5-8 years experience in sales or business development at a SAAS company.
- Deep knowledge of the creator space.
- Familiarity with the tools that help writers, bloggers, musicians, and other creators monetize their audience.
- Ability to bring the mindset of a creator (who ConvertKit serves) into your decision-making process
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- An operator mindset - understands the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
As a full time employee, ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 3 ($105,000). We do not offer on-target earning compensation but we do share 52% of our profits
with the entire team twice a year in addition to our base salaries. Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation, increasing to four weeks (20 days) paid vacation after one year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking five consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays
- Two weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to six weeks paid bereavement leave and medical leave after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months.
- Twelve weeks of disaster leave for all team members in 2021
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Gender affirming benefits
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 5% match
- Individual learning & development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
This role will close on 9/24/21 We usually receive a large number of applications (because remote work!), but hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A brief exercise or homework assignment to assess your skills
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step. To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description