About the Role 👓
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help us build out our data systems and pave the way in making data-driven product decisions.
You will be the first dedicated data hire. Your role will be to establish the best practices for the company, implement it, and (over time) help us to build out the data team. This role will be a mixture of running experiment-based data analyses, building out executive level dashboards, and building out key data models.
You’ll be successful here if: ✔️
- You have experience driving a hypothesis-based testing approach, can reliably collect data, and make deliberate decisions based on the outcomes of experiments
- You have experience building out scalable pipelines to manage critical data tasks (e.g., matching our independents with killer job opportunities)
- You have strong knowledge of exploratory data analysis techniques and have advanced SQL skills to create and evaluate complex statements involving numerous tables and data relationships.
- You have experience defining data tracking needs and processes
- You can distill complex data into easy to read and interpret dashboard to enable leadership / product teams to gather data insights and monitor KPIs
- You can navigate ambiguity like a champ; as our first data hire, you'll be working closely with product and engineer to pave the way for how we use data as an organization
How Contra can add value for you: ➕
- Remote-first culture
- Healthcare for employees
- Well-funded company built to scale
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month (throughout Covid)
- A custom Slack emoji, just for you 🤗
Technical Requirements: 💻
- A/B & Feature Flag Testing
Our Data Tooling: 🧮
- TBD [you'll help us decide what's next!]
Our interview process:
- Non-technical (introduction & culture) interview (30-45 minutes)
- Functional interview with product lead (30-45 minutes)
- Technical interview with our CTO (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Founders (30 minutes)
You will receive a final answer from Contra no later than 48 hours after your final interview.