Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
At Conduktor, our mission is to help companies operate their data by making their data streaming journey with Apache Kafka easier. We are a full-remote startup mostly based in Europe and we are looking for highly motivated, tech/data-oriented people who want to share this amazing journey with us. We have thousands of happy users around the world from Fortune 500 companies, and we need your help to scale up!
About the role
The DevOps team at Conduktor is responsible for driving and championing devops principles at Conduktor. We strive to abide by core principles that focus on empowering other teams to be self-reliant, as well as encouraging change and stability, and continuous improvement.
Specifically, we look after various areas of responsibility, and work to leverage whatever tool is best suited for the job. We’re strongly opinionated about what we know, but humble about what we don’t know.
We encourage open communication, engaging frequently with peers, and invite as much diversity as possible, in the hope we can all thrive.
As an SRE at Conduktor, you will focus on shaping our cloud infrastructure, and make sure all the pieces fit together.
What you’ll be doing
- Our core responsibilities are to build, maintain, and scale our infrastructure, and related systems.
- This involves work across various disciplines, with a tight focus on our specific areas of responsibility, such as infrastructure, observability, and CI/CD to name a few.
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining various tools, solutions and microservices associated with these areas, eg. configuring our GitOps stack for Kubernetes
- Identify and automate repetitive work
- Build close relationships with developer teams, to best understand their services and requirements
- Take ownership where needed. We’ve no shortage of projects to tackle, you should feel empowered to take any of these in hand, and own it until completion, with the ability to determine what’s needed to get it over the line
Of course nobody is perfect, so we don’t expect in-depth experience across all of these, but certainly the more you know, the more successful you will be in this role
- Relevant experience in a similar DevOps/SRE role, preferably with equivalent experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Relevant experience with IaC deployments, with a solid understanding of Terraform, Kubernetes and containers
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, by engaging with your peers, and a penchant for keeping documentation up to date
- Relevant experience with CI/CD pipelines, we mostly use Github Actions, but any experience with a comparable platform is transferable
- Experience with observability services, such as Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, Sentry, and any cloud provider specific offerings
- Experience with Kafka and its various extensions is advantageous
- Based in a European timezone
- Premium Health Care coverage
- Flexible working hours and full remote working
- Agile working environment with short decision paths
- Your choice of devices and tools that make you work the best
- International team with a wealth of knowledge