Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You are free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal cultural events
Part-time options: We will consider part-time options for this role, mention what you are looking for in your application
Level: Mid (3+ years)
Salary: We are looking to offer around €51,000 to €77,000 for this role depending on experience and location
🌟 The Opportunity
Together with the Senior Product leadership (CPO, VP Product, etc.), this enthusiastic global Product team is defining our product vision and roadmap.
commercetools for Growth is a newly created solution (and team) that will enable Scaling Brands & Merchants to quickly launch on a flexible, best-in-class composable stack with low effort and without the need for a big development team, keeping their iteration speed high to optimize business outcomes. The key to achieving this is to build a bundle of market-leading MACH products (commercetools products and partner products) that are perfectly connected and pre-configured. This will enable Scaling Brand and Merchants to launch quickly, iterate fast through business-user tooling and make sure that this is the last re-platforming they will ever have to do.
This is a great opportunity to marshal a product that has the potential to have a long-lasting impact on the commerce landscape for aspiring brands and retailers. If you are looking for a place where your contribution makes a difference, and if you never want to stop learning and growing, join our product management team!
🚀 Your Mission
- Design and improve the vision and implementation of the actual bundle of MACH products that form commercetools for Growth
- Make sure (together with engineering), that the technical architecture of the commercetools for Growth bundle is best-in-class
- Own the connectors between the MACH products in the bundle from a product perspective
- Lead initiatives to enhance the experience of customer interaction with such a bundled solution (e.g. SSO, business user interface, etc.)
- In the end, build the core of the commercetools for Growth solution, so the “Fast-Launch-Store team” (second team in commercetools for Growth) can take the bundle and pre-configure it and enhance it to enable the customers to launch faster and faster
- Think big, scope small, and quickly iterate collectively with your team to make sure that you solve the right problems
- Use your product sense, collectively with a qualitative and data-informed approach to creating a solution brands and retailers love
- Become part of our product community. We like to grow and learn together, including regular knowledge exchange sessions plus coaching from peers and the Head of Product.
👉 What is it like working in our team?
”We focus on solving customers' problems. To do that, we have to constantly learn new things. We have to rely on each other, trust each other, and know each other's strengths. The way we work together as a team makes this seem easy and gives a true sense of collaboration.” — Catherine, Product Manager
💪 What you will accomplish in your first 90-days
- Comprehend the strategy, including market landscape, contenders, differentiation, and our business model guiding up to our vision
- Get to know the company, the different teams, and how you can be an ally
- Get to know your cross-functional team, take part in planning, co-working sessions, and other ceremonies
- Get to know the business buyers by attending customer and prospect meetings and reading notes from previous sessions
- Comprehend our commercetools for Growth architecture to know better how each piece works collectively and fits into the broader tech ecosystem to start planning for coming extensions
🧩 You will likely have this experience
- 3 or more years of experience as a product manager in areas such as headless eCommerce technologies, microservice architecture, B2B product management and eCommerce product/project management
- High technical knowledge / architecture knowledge, preferably in the eCommerce domain
- Desire to comprehend brands and retailers — their motivation, needs, and how they work
- Experience working with commerce or a similar complex domain, with a big ecosystem and many extensions
- Self-assured presenter and facilitator. You can clearly communicate product resolutions and the rationale behind them, and you’re not afraid to go against consensus by asking the right questions
- Self-starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
🚀 About Us
At commercetools Frontend, we're a fully remote company a Series C company valued at ¢1.9bn, and were named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are formerly Frontastic, a remote-first company since 2017 we know how to do remote work properly. We joined commercetools in November 2021 and are still growing and focused on our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. Do you want to be part of this exciting journey?
👏 We're offering:
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers (and digital nomads)
- An open learning and development budget, including an internal learning academy
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- An insurance policy that covers medical, dental and vision
- An allowance of 28 days leave plus public holidays in your home country
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you will be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A variety of regular virtual events, including celebrating our successes, paid lunches, and other activities organized by our People team
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
🤝 Our hiring process
We have designed our hiring process with the candidate's experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except on weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ Discovery call (45min) with our Product Leadership, to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
3️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
4️⃣ First interview (60min) with one of our Product Managers to have a deeper discussion about the role as well as find out how you'll make an impact inside the team
5️⃣ Second interview (60min) with our Engineering Leadership to discuss our engineering teams, cross-functional collaboration, and new Growth product
6️⃣ You'll be invited to complete a presentation on a specific topic as part of the interview process. You'll have a chance to prepare a 20-minute presentation to a panel of Frontastic product and development team members, followed by a 20-minute Q and A and then 10-min at the end for candidate questions.
7️⃣ Coffee Break (30min) an informal chat with members of the team to get to know who you'll be working with
💬 We'd love to hear from you
If you have any questions about the role, email our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
Want to know more about us? You can find out more on our website
If this role is not for you, but you know of someone who'd be a great fit, we would really appreciate it if you could share this role with them!
ℹ️ Equal Opportunities
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page
and our Website
for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development, and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.