Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Who We Are
Coldsmoke Creative is a leading ecommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped over 100 brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, Sid and Ann Mashburn, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
Our Core Values
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we're going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of marketing for the agency. The goal of our marketing efforts will be to elevate Coldsmoke Creative’s brand recognition and tell stories about our capabilities, share who we are, what we do, and who we do it for. The measurement of success will vary across channels and projects, but overall the position should increase our visibility in the market with partners and customers, and ultimately be a driver of more fruitful partnerships and customer engagements.
At a high level, you will be responsible for:
- Content creation & strategy (case studies, newsletter, blog posts, Linkedin posts, etc)
- Channel management (website, social channels)
- Partner management & strategy
- Event management & strategy
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to have a large impact, quickly, on a business with a ton of momentum. You will report directly to the CEO and have the opportunity to grow a team. You will be able to tell a great story about the results of your efforts, as there is a lot of low hanging fruit ready to be picked!
Note: We realize that there is a lot in the section below. We don’t realistically think one person can accomplish everything, at least not all at once. It is meant to be more directional of the kind of initiatives we have in mind, and we will work collaboratively with you to prioritize accordingly.
Responsibilities and Duties
Case study generation & promotion
Every project that we work on (and have worked on in the past) is the opportunity to tell a story on how we solved a problem for a customer, which allows us to attract more customers with similar problems. It helps us establish credibility. And importantly it gives us an opportunity to show off! It also is an opportunity to create content which we can share in sales discussions, on the blog, across all of our social and communication channels.
- You will work closely with the delivery team to identify good candidates for case studies (projects that have good data points and a story to tell)
- You will be responsible for creating our case study template and coordinating the effort to get information from the project team, the customer, and any applicable partner, to draft and publish the case study content.
- It is possible that you will manage this project and work with a copywriter, a designer, the project team, the customer, etc to help get all of the information, but ultimately, the publishing of the case study (i.e. getting it across the finish line) will be your responsibility.
Overall ownership of Marketing Channels
- Coldsmoke’s Website
- Update logos of new clients
- Assist in management of the website redesign project (working with designers etc to move things along)
- Update website as needed (case studies, team members, etc)
- Coordinate for headshots/bios for team members
- Creation & Management of Blog
- Repurpose content like Case Studies, Founder Linkedin Videos & Transcripts across blog
- Eventually establish a cadence of net new content for blog
- Integrate content calendar and ensure new content is posted on the site
- Establish a Newsletter
- Establish a list of previous and existing clients to populate our newsletter list
- Create a newsletter template
- Create a newsletter calendar and cadence
- Write first drafts of newsletter
- Create a strategy to grow the list organically (our website and others)
- Share newsletter content across other channels as necessary/possible
- Social channel strategy & management
- Create a strategy around what channels Coldsmoke should be communicating on.
- TikTok ecommerce teardowns (?!)
- Linkedin & Twitter syndication for content that makes sense
- Create a content calendar and execute it
- Measure and report upon engagement (views, clicks, downloads, contacts, etc)
- Iterate on what is successful and what isn’t. Test and learn!
- Effectively communicate our brand voice and share case studies, content, etc across all channels.
- Engage with partners, customers, etc, as appropriate.
Across the Shopify/ecommerce landscape there are many app and services partners. They all have partnership teams and strategies for partnering with agencies. You will be responsible for managing our partnerships, which should include:
- Being the main point of contact for the partner relationship between partner and Coldsmoke
- Creating and maintaining a database with our current partners
- Establish a cadence of monthly or quarterly calls/updates with existing partners
- Work with the implementation teams to identify when new apps/services of our partners are being implemented (offer to help if customer service is needed and you have a contact)
- Identifying new partnerships that would be beneficial to Coldsmoke and our customers
- Establishing and executing on co-marketing opportunities such as case studies, webinars, events, content (blogs, video interviews, etc)
Event strategy & management
- When in-person events are a thing again, they are an important part of being visible in the ecommerce space. You will be responsible for:
- Identifying events that we should attend
- Identifying events that we should sponsor
- Identifying opportunities to hold/produce our own events (in-person or virtually)
- Working with partners to be supportive of their events
- Identifying opportunities for Coldsmoke team members to speak at events
- Representing Coldsmoke at events
- We are remote and fairly flexible around hours, but generally need you to be available and responsive between 9am - 5pm EST
- 1-3+ years of marketing experience
- Agency & Shopify experience preferred, but not required
- Excited about ecommerce and cool, fun, direct to consumer brands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- “Self-starter” is cliche, but highly valued. Ability to understand what is high priority and drive initiatives forward without a lot of oversight