was founded with the mission to help college students succeed in their classes. We have dramatically improved students’ learning outcomes by providing video-based curriculum with content that exactly mirrors the assigned textbook of their classroom. Our team is driven by a passion to innovate on the explanations of complex topics and to craft a personalized learning experience for students.
At Clutch Prep, you will contribute to creating the best learning experience possible. To do this, you will collaborate with various teams: our product team to create exciting new features and improvements, our growth team to aid in their efforts to expose more students to the benefits of our platform, and our engineering team to help with infrastructure and development projects. You will work alongside our 4 full-stack software engineers and you will report to our CTO. Our products are built using Ruby on Rails and ReactJS.
Everyone on the engineering team participates in figuring out what we should work on, can offer solutions to the problems we're facing in all areas of the company, and is encouraged to work on whatever area is blocking them from achieving their goals.
What you'll be doing
- You will develop, test and deploy features to solve problems for internal and external users.
- You will use effective code reviews to level up yourself and your peers.
- You will uphold our engineering standards and consistency in our codebase and process.
- You will contribute to building out our technical architecture as we scale our products.
- You will collaborate with product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives.
Who we're looking for
- You are excited to help students succeed by providing the best learning experiences.
- You have at least 1 year of Ruby on Rails experience building web applications.
- You have at least 1 year of ReactJS experience developing interfaces.
- You are very comfortable writing well-structured HTML and CSS.
- You write clean, well-tested code.
- You have collaborated with product teams and designers, and have a proven track record of delivering value to customers.
- You have strong communication skills and have a desire to give and receive regular feedback.
- You have experience working remotely.
- You have experience with native mobile development.
- You have experience with QA automation.
- You have experience with data analysis.
- You have experience with ML/AI.
What it's like to work at Clutch Prep
We strive to create a work environment that allows our teammates to do the best work of their lives in order to improve the lives of real people, solve hard problems, and change the education world. We work as a team to set quarterly OKRs, run bi-weekly sprints, and use daily check-ins to collaborate and communicate effectively. Our engineers have the flexibility to choose whatever hardware and software they use as long as they can run our app locally and commit code to Github.
- Work wherever you want
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid vacation and holiday policy
- Workspace stipend
- Learning budget