Do you love solving challenging technical problems at scale?
Are you a process-focused individual, passionate about working in a high growth & highly rewarding cross-functional DevOps environment?
Cloudways is looking for an experienced and world-class Associate Architect / Technical Architect who will play a vital role in taking the Cloudways Platform to the next stage.
What You Will Do:
- Get involved in the architecture planning, implementation, and maintenance of server clusters, API, and microservices, including critical production environments in hybrid cloud
- Collaborate with the product team to explore the technical scope of the needs of customers
- Use proven architecture design and best practices to make sure that the applications remain always-available, offer sustained high performance, and are scalable on demand
- Monitor incidents/problems trends to identify areas of deficiency and recommend improvements to prevent future occurrences
- Bridge the gap between business/user problems and technology solutions/possibilities
- Brief the teams and stakeholders on the structure, characteristics, behavior, and related aspects of the solutions
- Create and publish Architecture and Application Availability Metrics (through general and team-specific dashboards)
- Research emerging technologies and propose changes to the existing architecture to ensure compatibility with proven technologies.
- Lay out execution plans with proper control over the solution development process & environment
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize architecture performance, right size environments, provide constructive feedback/coaching, and review code
What You Need to Have:
- Proven expertise in managing large-scale deployments of traffic-intensive applications
- Experience in automating cloud system monitoring and operations through scripting
- Hands-on experience in administering high availability and high-performance environments
- In-depth knowledge and 5+ years of hands-on experience with Linux
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- Excellent understanding of Scalability processes and techniques
- Expert knowledge of at least one Infrastructure-as-Code / Configuration-as-Code technology (such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths and microservices. Operational knowledge of enabling tools such as Kubernetes and Dockers is a plus point.
- Working knowledge of modern DevOps processes including monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains. You will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot issues
- Operational understanding of Agile methods
- Strong self-motivation (this is a must); excellent work ethics, dependable and responsible
- Must be a flexible self-starter who can quickly accommodate new requirements, scope-changes quickly, and can adapt to a growing and evolving team
- Critical Thinker; with good logical and creative problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills