Visual Experience Designer
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Must be located: North America
Visit company website
View all CloudScale jobs
CloudScale is looking for someone to help our customers vision their ideas then help our developers make their vision a reality. We want people who are excited about what they design and build. Just some quick info about why it's awesome to work for us: all of the work is from home except for some small situations (see below for some more info), fully paid employee medical insurance and fifty percent for dependents, we reimburse for your internet, cell phone, generous bonus program, and more.
Please Note We're only hiring from these states at the moment due to tax purposes:
- New York
- South Carolina
- Work with developers, business analysts, and clients to design and build new features
- Conduct user interviews and workshops to collect requirements and develop user stories
- Architect user experience and design within project and platform constraints
- Design interface concepts and create comps
- Build interactive wire frames and prototypes (we mostly use Axure but are open to other solutions)
- Partner with developers to ensure that the markup and CSS is implemented well
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
- Plan for and implement responsive design
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback; use feedback to improve work
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Provide project updates to program leads and customers in a simple digestible format
- Be available for a LIMITED travel relating to kicking off projects, client ‘meet and greets’ and emergency technical situations.
Some checklist items we’re looking for:
- Simple DOM manipulation using jQuery
- Understanding how to bring fonts into a site and update design
- How to use Chrome Dev tools to inspect and style on the fly
- Good on the phone, since all the work is remote there will be video chats and screen sharing.
- Remote work ethic and self-management
- Bachelor s degree or higher (or some equivalent experience)
- UX Design Experience - 3 Years
- UI Design Experience (Comps, wireframes etc) - 3 years
- CSS / Markup - 3 Years (We're doing a lot of work with SASS)
- Mobile web interface design and development experience
- Front-end frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap
- Solid understanding of user-centric and responsive design principles
- Understanding of how a REST APIs works and why that matters when designing a UI
- Passion for new technologies and fresh ideas!
Nice to haves:
- Content management systems (such as WordPress or SharePoint)
- BFA in Graphic Design (Or some other equally artistic area)
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.