, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals(faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 60+ high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
Our backend tech stack
currently consists of Python Flask web apps with our TaskTiger
scheduler handling many of the backend asynchronous task processing chores. Our data stores include MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Redis. The underlying infrastructure runs on AWS using a combination of managed services like EKS, MSK, RDS and ElasticCache and non-managed services running on EC2 instances. All of our compute runs through CI/CD pipelines that build Docker images, run automated tests and deploy to our Kubernetes clusters. Our backend primarily serves a well-documented public API
We're looking for a full-time Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for databases(both SQL and NoSQL) to join our core team who has significant experience building, managing, and monitoring infrastructure, databases, and backend services at scale.
Located in Americas, Europe or Africa.
Come help us with projects like...
- Scale our Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB clusters to support our data growth
- Automate the maintenance and upgrades of our PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases
- Further develop our Prometheus/Grafana monitoring infrastructure
- Tighten security across our infrastructure
- Improve our public API’s performance and resiliency
- Building out our Kubernetes infrastructure to include additional services, increased redundancy/scalability, and harnessing new k8s features
- Implement autoscaling techniques that balance performance, workload demands and costs
- Improve our CI/CD process making builds/deployments faster and safer
Bonus: Are you a PostgreSQL or MongoDB expert? Please let us know! 🌟
- Have expert knowledge of database internals either PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Demonstrable expertise in database performance.
- Experience developing large-scale schema migration solutions.
- Have significant experience with *nix, Python, bash, Terraform, Ansible, or similar backend systems and frameworks
- Have experience configuring monitoring, logging, and other tools to provide visibility and actionable alerts
- Enjoy automating processes using Python, bash, Terraform, Ansible, or other scripting languages
- Have experience with Docker containers and containerized service
- Understand the full web stack, networking, and low level Unix computing
- Always be thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability of the infrastructure
- Be self-motivated and comfortable with responsibility
- Have participated in and be comfortable with being part of an on-call rotation.(1 out of every 10 weeks)
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk(standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍 ❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 16 countries located in 5 of the 7 continents -- looking at you Antarctica and Australia ;-) ….. We’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 17 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. All applications are reviewed internally by one of our team members; a qualified application undergoes a second review by the hiring manager to determine whether a call is scheduled. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.