People Operations (HR) Generalist
Must be located: North America
Visit company website
View all Close jobs
Close is a 100% globally-distributed, ~32 person team that is building a sales-focused communication platform. Our SaaS CRM eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals.
Our organization is growing and with each new team member comes additional logistics and responsibilities. Our current Operations Team (of 1) is looking for someone to help with people operations and human resources.
You have five years experience with SMB administration, human resources, executive or personal assistance. You are a Mac user who is comfortable working remotely as part of a small team with a high level of autonomy and exceptional communication skills for this environment.
Your friends and family rely on you as the planner and host of group activities. You’re the first person they call when they have life-admin related questions (looking for a new apartment, reviewing contracts, obtaining health insurance). You are reliable; people depend on you for stability.
You love administrative work, reading the fine print and feel accomplished in a day-to-day task-mode. You have a natural balance of linear and creative mindset; someone that is highly organized and anticipatory yet resourceful and imaginative in solutions. You have integrity, are trustworthy and self-aware.
You are based in the US or Canada.
Bonus points for working in a startup environment, employment law and/or people analytics.
About The Job
You will be taking ownership over many existing people operational tasks and systems while suggesting new practices to improve as we grow. We currently use Slack, Gusto, PurelyHR, G Suite, Dropbox and Confluence to name a few. Most of the work required today involves administrative tasks and organization.
These are some examples of your responsibilities:
- Point of contact for all City, State, and Federal registration, licenses, taxes, surveys, etc.
- Administer employee benefits such as 401k, HSA, medical and dental
- Payroll, leave of absence, business insurance and workers compensation
- Assist in the research, planning and hosting of team retreats
- Asset management (laptops, monitors, etc)
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and on-boarding
- Help to establish and track OKRs
- A ton of other random operational tasks we need your help with at our small company 😊
Why Work With Us...?
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.