, we're building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever. Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~45 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Marketing Ops & Automation Manager that will be instrumental in leading our email, testing, and marketing data programs.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with previous experience creating conversion-oriented, automated campaigns and who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. The ideal candidate is a customer-focused, self-motivated, and results-driven technical marketer.
About the Role
You will be responsible for championing the features and benefits of the Close sales platform via customer communications and action-oriented data analysis. You’ll work closely with Danny (Director of Marketing) and our motley crew of marketing experts.
The main KPIs owned by the Marketing Ops & Automation Manager:
Regular reporting on marketing success metrics including but not limited to:
- New product trial generation
- Trial to customer conversion
- Customer retention
Plan, oversee, and execute marketing campaigns targeted throughout the lead and customer lifecycle:
- New trial and customer nurture via product education, content resources, etc
- Engagement triggered email notifications
- Promotional and campaign-based email communications
- Be an in-house expert on marketing operations and technical configurations via integration and coordination of our marketing ops platforms:
- On-site conversion rate optimization and testing
- Lead and customer data management
- Own and optimize our marketing tool stack
- 4+ years experience working within a B2B tech or SaaS organization
- 3+ years in an email/automation marketing role, with a track record of growing list size and successfully using this channel to strengthen the marketing funnel
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, testing techniques, and platforms; specifically requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered events
- Hands-on experience with marketing email and form platforms like Customer.io and ConvertFlow.
- Experience with web and product analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc. Demonstrated ability to use these tools for in-depth analyses and uncover actionable insight.
- Development experience as it pertains to marketing operations (JS, APIs)
- Knowledge of data capture and management strategies (i.e. working with forms and managing data hygiene)
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML code including email coding best practices, responsive rendering, and troubleshooting
- Experience setting up and maintaining Zapier workflows
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work successfully on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a highly intelligent, strategic, creative thinker who brings a positive attitude, a love of innovation, and takes pride in exceptional execution
Equal parts creative and strategic, you’ll marry customer understanding/empathy and data-driven insights to ensure that our marketing initiatives are successful. What you don’t know, you’ll openly admit, but then you’ll get to work figuring it out (asking others for help and/or digging deep on your own). Your self-motivation and a relentless drive to learn/do more are appreciated by all. You pride yourself on being a “clever thinker”.
You can demonstrate past positive results of your technical marketing ability. You understand the basics of front-end development and APIs, and feel comfortable tackling related challenges on your own.
You have experience working cross-functionality, especially alongside product, sales, development, and customer success teams. You understand your critical part in the overall machine, graciously accepting thoughts and feedback from others while offering your own expertise where you can. You pride yourself on being “overly communicative” -- keeping everyone up to date with the latest product marketing wins, losses, and initiatives.
You excel working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
You are in an Americas time zone
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video) - when travel is appropriate
- 4 x quarterly virtual summits
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
We are a small team doing great things - every role is critical to the success of this company. People that are most successful at Close have a resourceful, “doer” approach and mentality. We focus on productivity, impact and quality of work. We’re looking for team members that genuinely understand the nature of being part of a small team that operates in a bootstrapped / start-up-like environment.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another (however we’re opting for quarterly virtual summits during 2020/2021). We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 14 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.