Controller (US Based, 100% Remote)
Headquarters: 100% Remote-First
Must be located: USA
View all Close.io jobs →
About Us ✨
At Close.io, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We’re a ~32 person distributed team, profitable, and building a product our customers love.
About You 🎉
Close.io is hiring a Controller. The Operations team at Close.io oversees the areas of Finance, Legal, and People Ops/HR. You'll report to the COO/co-founder.
While our Operations team is small (just 2 at the moment!) we’re looking for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and executing across a broad range of areas.
Founded in 2013 we are cashflow positive with no venture funding. We are a fully remote team spanning across 11 states and 13 countries.
Ownership & Responsibility:
- Set up processes to maintain good accounting and tax hygiene
- City, State, and Federal point of contact for things such as registration, licenses, taxes, surveys, etc.
- Administer and audit employee benefits such as 401k, HSA, medical and dental
- Create company-wide budgets, projections, and updates
- Manage our accounts receivable
- Take ownership of payroll, business insurance and workers compensation
- Asset management (laptops, monitors, etc)
- Be the main point of contact for our accounting and bookkeeping firms
- A ton of other random financial / operational tasks we need your help with at our small company:)
- U.S. based
- Thrives in fully remote environment
- 4+ years of experience at a Big Four public accounting firm or similar
- 2+ years of experience at a small, fast-paced SaaS company or startup
- Bonus points: CPA
Who you'll be working with:
Why work with us?
- Latest team retreat in Lisbon ✈️
- Our story and fantastic team 🚀
- Stellar reviews on Glassdoor 🌈
- Get To Know Us ❣️(more details about our PTO, benefits, mission, values, etc.)
- Work remotely and create your own schedule (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2x week-long team retreats annually
- Above market salary
- Excellent medical & dental coverage, including 99% paid premiums and HSA (**US residents)
- Matching 401k (**US residents)