Clipboard health's engineering organization is nascent yet seasoned through the responsibility of maintaining heavy usage and growing noteworthy revenue through the products and features that it has built and maintained. Clipboard health has nonetheless only scratched the surface in the space of products and experiences for its users and is thus growing very rapidly.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer at Clipboard you will be joining a small organization where your voice will be heard yet carries a large business responsibility. You will not be building things with the hope that people need it but rather filling the desperate needs of our users while innovating in ways they didn't even know they were needing. You'll have to be adaptable, learn quickly and have an interest in understanding technical tradeoffs deeply.
You should have
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you. You'll additionally be expected to understand the business and user needs that you are solving with the features that you are building. As you'll be on the frontlines of getting the feature delivered to customers you are expected to provide input while you build features in the case that there are better solutions or other considerations that you believe are important that may have not been explicitly asked of you. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to fix and improve product
- Proven 5+ years experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience using automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. ReactJS, NodeJS, Express)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.