Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. The average nursing assistant without a college degree makes $36k a year; the average nursing assistant on Clipboard Health makes $53k a year and the top 5% make $74k a year. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time & ambition into career growth. We have healthcare professionals texting us photos of a car they were finally able to buy, a school & church they’re building in their native Haiti with money they earn here, and more.
We achieve this by working with healthcare facilities such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, and rehab centers to provide on-demand nursing staff. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when they want, and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to get staff when they need it.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a Series C, an extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the healthcare staffing industry. We’re a post-product-market fit with substantive revenue.
Clipboard Health is a diverse and inclusive company with a globally remote team of 600+ people. We’ve been featured on YC’s Top Companies and grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. We need your help to keep growing so we can serve more healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, and patients.
What’s weird about working with us?
- We care, a lot. Our CEO spends substantial time regularly doing customer service, and many of our healthcare professionals and healthcare facility clients have her personal cell phone number.
- We are globally distributed. Just on the engineering team, we have folks from the United States, Chile, Mongolia, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Columbia… and that’s just from folks who’ve joined us so far this year.
- We take our values seriously: our COO literally has a handmade Curiosity Initiative and Ownership sign on his wall (you’ll see it if you video call him).
- We have more engineers than we “need” on purpose. It makes us fast (many features go from idea to production in 2-4 weeks). It also allows small teams to see a problem, and just go fix it. A team went off and created a new SaaS product, another team rewrote a core service under a new architecture.
- One thing we value is that we have no “toes” here to be stepped on. See a problem? Go ahead and fix it, you don’t need permission.
You’re good at:
- Scalable/high-performance code on both the frontend and backend, understanding complex technical areas along the way.
- Efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications.
- Creating software features that are robust, reliable, and user-friendly for both internal teams and our customer base.
- Running the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Balancing immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision.
- Working as a Software Engineer or a similar role for 5+ years.
Extra Awesome if you are:
- A fan of the speed of startups, having worked at one or more (including maybe your own) before.
- Familiar with modern open source technologies like: Next.js (Express.js/React), Tailwind UI, Flutter, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker.
- Experienced in developing REST APIs, mobile & web apps that interface with said APIs, on AWS (or similar).
Perks of Working with us:
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help.
- Zero commutes. Work wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours).