ClinicSense is growing our team! We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead to lead our development team. This is a player/coach role, meaning that we’re looking for someone to lead the team who is also interested in spending a portion of their time coding.
Who we are
We’re a profitable, bootstrapped company that helps massage therapy clinics reduce paperwork, stay organized, and ultimately free up their time so they can spend more time with clients and less time managing administrative tasks.
Officially, we’re based in Toronto, Canada but each of us works remotely. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with a 4 to 5 hours overlap with the EST timezone.
We use Slack to stay in touch throughout the week and Google Meet for sprint planning, standups, and a once-per-week full team meeting (for a demo day, updates from customer support/marketing/sales, and we have a bit of fun playing a game together).
Our tech stack:
- Python, Django
- React, Redux
Who we’re looking for
Currently, our development team is a group that loves to code. We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for seeing the bigger picture. And since the team is small, you will have the chance to be hands-on with the code as well.
At a high level, we’re looking for someone who will:
- Work with the owners of the business to understand the goals of the company and how the development team can support those goals
- Proactively identify technical risks, performance bottlenecks, and scaling opportunities and put a plan in place with the team to address them
- Identify opportunities to improve our development processes to ensure all code follows standards, is well tested, and goes to production with minimal risk of bugs
- Ensure the team maintains proper documentation
- Take the lead when an urgent technical issue arises
- Lead and mentor a small team of developers (currently 4)
- Code new features and assist with bug fixes
What you’ll need
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years in a technical lead role for a SaaS business
- 8+ years of industry software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of Python/Django
- In-depth knowledge of server architecture
- Experience scaling & refactoring a SaaS product
- Strong opinions on best practices in software development
Why join us
We’re a team that loves what we do and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. We measure our success based on our output and quality of work, not the number of hours worked each week. We value work-life balance and offer flexibility to handle anything that may come up in our personal lives and to work when we feel the most productive.
- Competitive based on experience & location
- 27 vacation days (15 days PTO + 1 Friday off per month)
- 11 public holidays