Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
We are looking for an experienced sales professional, Regional Account Manager (RAM), for North America, to help advance our mission of equipping the world with the tools needed to solve the global air pollution crisis.
You will work to understand the specific air monitoring needs of governments, communities, researchers, B2B partners in your territory, and, where else applicable. Provide Clarity’s Sensing-as-a-Service air quality monitoring solutions, to support their air quality management goals through direct sales or coordination with one of Clarity’s channel partners.
As a Regional Account Manager, you will report to the Director of Sales, and work closely with Business Development and Marketing to manage a diverse array of inbound leads and explore targeted outbound opportunities. The RAM will be responsible for qualifying leads/opportunities and developing long-term relationships leading to a robust pipeline that closes deals and increases revenue.
Likewise, you will collaborate with Clarity’s amazing Customer Success Management (CSM) Team on existing projects to assess opportunities for project expansions.
This role is well-suited to someone who is an excellent listener, proactive, organized, and flexible. Your sales drive is matched by your commitment to solving one of the world’s greatest environmental issues and improving lives all around the world.
- Identify, develop, and manage accounts using a consultative approach to include sales and pipeline calls, solution development, proposals, contracting, and building relationships.
- Manage a full sales cycle, build a robust pipeline, and effectively forecast revenue in your territory.
- Create effective sales and development strategies to meet or exceed revenue targets in new customer acquisitions and expansion of current accounts.
- Managing current customers through their renewal process.
- Outbound prospecting for new customers and lead generation, to highlight our product features and solution benefits.
- Coordinate with sales and business development leadership on key accounts to identify and manage expansion opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on identifying potential project case studies and other content development opportunities
- Collect product market feedback to determine how we can better serve our clients and improve our products
- Build air quality, and industry presence through trade shows, networking, and industry associations.
Skills and qualifications
- 2+ years of successful sales experience working with or selling ambient air quality monitoring solutions. Will consider candidates with exceptional ambient air quality knowledge and experience over sales experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or working history in the environmental sector, air quality preferred. Knowledge of sensor technology is a plus.
- Strong sense of responsibility and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and forward-thinking
- Very detail oriented and highly organized
- Willingness to accept a high degree of uncertainty, jump in and help wherever needed, get hands dirty, and wear multiple hats on a fast-moving team
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- A desire to roll up your sleeves to build a great company that is making a measurable impact on the global air pollution and climate change crises.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or Business; preferred
- Strong understanding on air quality monitoring
- B2G Sales Experience
- Experience working in the IoT-space
- Experience working at a growth-stage startup
Clarity is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Berkeley, CA. We are empowering the world to reduce air pollution. We do that by making it possible to measure and understand air pollution issues and then take action.
Today, when cities or industrial facilities want to measure air quality, they have to spend a lot of money on expensive equipment, installation, and maintenance - to get the accurate data needed to attack air quality problems.
Clarity has a better approach. With many low-cost devices spread over a geographic area, our customers can perform hyper-local monitoring where information is relayed into the cloud and then flows into web-based tooling to drive analysis and decisions.
We envision a world where novel sensing technology, IoT, and cloud computing simplify air quality measurement, enabling cities and industrial facilities to scale up the number of monitoring sites and take data-driven action. Our Sensing-as-a-Service solution for air quality is currently deployed in over 65 countries and is changing how municipalities and industrial facilities approach air quality.
We are a diverse group of engineers, scientists, makers, and business people - motivated by doing something good in the world. We have software engineers around the world and a hardware team centered in Berkeley. A customer success team, also geographically distributed, supports our customers now spanning 6 continents.
Terms of Employment
- Full-time, exempt position
- Some travel expected, less than 10-20% to include client visits, tradeshows, and company offsite
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Clarity offers a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible paid time off, a 401(k) program, and additional funds for the costs of working from home
- Reports to the Director of Sales
- Location: This is a fully remote, work-from-home position. Clarity Movement has no central office but staff collaborates extensively via video call meetings. The candidates must furnish their own quiet office space for meetings. Clarity Movement provides a computer and other basic office equipment to ensure you are set up for being able to work comfortably, along with additional funds for the costs of working from home.
Clarity Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other basis protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.