Customer Success Engineer
Full-TimeDevOps & SysadminNorth America
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for providing world class post-sales technical leadership to our client base. Working directly with customers, you will be the subject matter expert on both the CircleCI platform and continuous integration and deployment as a general practice. You will be responsible for delivering value by driving adoption of CircleCI across the client’s enterprise. Finally, as part of the Customer Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences, towards ultimately improving our customers’ success with CircleCI.
You will be the main point of contact for all technical questions and assistance for these customers and will represent their needs back to the aforementioned teams. And, you will work with the rest of the Customer Success team to build out and cultivate a customer community to enhance the experience of our customers.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality as well as the ability to create and maintain deep, lasting relationships with customers. You’re going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
CircleCI provides software development teams the confidence to build, test, and deploy—quickly and consistently—across numerous platforms. Built to address the demanding needs for today's application development environments, CircleCI supports all types of software testing including web, mobile and container (Docker) environments. CircleCI makes continuous integration and continuous deployment simple and easy for thousands of companies like Shopify, Cisco, Sony and Trunk Club, so they can ship better code, faster. CircleCI is venture backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Baseline Ventures, Harrison Metal Capital, Data Collective, 500 Startups, SV Angel, and a collection of respected angels.
About Solutions Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Solutions Engineering organization’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Solutions Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements—from onboarding to implementation to scale. Solutions currently comprises Customer Engineering (your team), Solutions Engineering (your pre-sales counterparts), and Support Engineering. There is opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth and promotion within Solutions, as well, as new Solutions teams are built out going forward, including Community Engineering and Partner Engineering.
- Work closely with customers to help them setup CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as act as the dedicated technical point of contact
- Be creative and scrappy in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build best practices for onboarding across different technologies
- Act as the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help Product and Engineering improve the product
- Code and commit relevant upgrades and changes to the CircleCI codebase
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the whole platform
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution
- 2+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise
- Experience working directly with customers to debug common errors
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit. If you have an easily accessible presence on the web (Twitter, blog, Github, LinkedIn, etc.) please share it.