About the Position
You will be joining and working with your product development team to help us take it to the next level as it grows. The Lead Developer will assign tasks as needed. The product is a full stack product and as such you will be expected to be working on elements from the frontend UX to the backend logic. The product is developed with TDD and Continuous Integration so tests are an essential part of the development process.
This position is 100% remote. We offer compensation based on experience, some very cool engineering challenges, and a smart team that's great to work with.
You have at least 5 years of serious software development experience, and you've been a productive member of a successful dev team before. You're a thoughtful, effective communicator. You have experience working as part of a remote team. You are a team player and do not shy away from recommending improvements.
Skills & Requirements
- Ruby on Rails (strongly preferred, other equivalent OOP and framework experience will be considered for the right candidate)
- TDD/BDD experience
- Postgres or equivalent SQL knowledge
- Version Control systems (we use Github)
- General familiarity with uptime and scaling considerations
- Effective communication
- Interest in leadership
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in finance, banking, or cap table management
- Finance degree
- Located in Calgary, CA
Apply for this position
All resumes should be sent to email@example.com along with a cover letter. No Recruiters.