Why we want to hire this role now
We started Chameleon
after being frustrated at poor user onboarding, and feeling required to speak with sales before we could start using new products. Our mission is to help other software teams better enable "self-serve" experiences for their users.
This means Chameleon lets our customers create personalized, contextual, dynamic in-product UX (e.g. modals, walkthroughs, tooltips etc.) for user onboarding, feature announcements etc
As our market positioning and sales motion clicks, we are getting significant inbound interest (tens of thousands of monthly website visitors) and we want an SDR to apply a creative, intelligent, human-touch to help interested visitors engage with our sales team.
We work with smart prospects (product managers) and our AEs are extremely high quality, so this is a good fit if you want to become a product expert and learn from the best!
What you will do specifically
- Review inbound leads (those that signed-up for the product, or our content, or engaged our chat) and send outbound emails to qualified people to book meetings
- Review these accounts and seek out other prospects/leads that we should engage with and proactively email them to initiate conversations or meetings
- Research leads, accounts and come up with creative ways to personalize content
- Build out different email campaigns depending on scenario
- Gain a strong understanding of the product so you can answer product questions
- Collaborate with AEs in preparation for discovery calls with prospects
- Run sales process for upgrading month-to-month customers to annual deals
- Shadow AEs to learn the full sales process and become an AE at Chameleon within ~1 year
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 1+ years working as an SDR/BDR or in product management
- 1+ years working at a SaaS startup (<50 employees)
- Strong interest in product, UX, SaaS
- Extremely fast learner and expect steep career trajectory
- Enjoy research and writing creative, compelling copy
- Hate fluff and "sales tactics" — we bring a consultative, intelligent, informed culture to sales, not a brute-force or pushy approach.
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You live in an Americas timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇺🇸 etc.)
- This is your single full-time job (it won't be part-time, hourly, temporary etc.)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren't required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That's what helps us all grow and evolve.