The Manual Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of test results on all products developed in Product Engineering. A Manual QA Engineer will be able to be given direction and work independently, providing updates to their manager on a timely basis. A Manual QA Engineer is expected to have basic knowledge on at least one product and will be able to assist on other products as needed. In addition, they will perform feature, regression, and system-level testing as well as assist in the development of processes and procedures related to product development.
- Own the testing strategy for existing and new products
- Develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cass
- Perform multiple types of black-box, white-box, and grey-box testing including functional, system, end to end, load testing, performance testing, data integrity, smoke, regression, and ad hoc testing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Work closely with product teams to ensure alignment
- Submit comprehensive defects using our bug tracking system
- Regress and verify defects as needed, record test results, and provide metrics
- Test software applications at all points in the life cycle on multiple environments
- Continuously analyze the testing strategy to maximize its effectiveness pragmatically
- Assist with designing and maintaining quality system policies and procedures
- 2+ years proven work experience in Software Engineering, Test, Quality Assurance, or Deployment
- BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with open-source test frameworks, including CypressJS or Selenium/WebDriver
- Strong experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, or Terraform a definite plus
- Experience with Agile-Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Experience with load testing tools
- Excellent analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting and peer review
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with shaping testing culture and socializing best practices
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.