All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
We are looking for a skilled Big Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. You will be in charge of processing pipelines and back-end services supporting data science. You can expect to be innovating the infrastructure ecosystem, CI/CD, and product optimization. This job is perfect for someone who can own technical solutions for building the data platform to support the growth of Chainlink Labs & keep optimizing, refactoring and improving the data pipelines in cloud environments. Additionally, you will provide high standard production support for all issues.
- Create and implementing scalable and reliable ETL/ELT pipelines and processes to ingest data from different data sources
- Assist DevOps personnel to maintain blockchain nodes
- Assist in the implementation of best in class CI/CD frameworks
- Facilitate near real-time data collection
- Own technical solutions for the Data Lake Infrastructure
- Collaborate and cooperate with other team members to fulfill the data needs
- 5+ years Python/Scala/Java development experience
- Experience of working with RestAPI/JSON-RPC
- Big data processing experience like Hadoop, Apache Spark or Apache Flink
- Experience building data pipelines using workflow management engines such as Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M
- 3+ years experience of working on cloud or on-prem Big data/MPP platforms(AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight, GCP Dataflow/Dataproc, AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse or BigQuery etc.)
- GCP strongly preferred
- ElasticSearch preferred
- Experience with modern query engines such as Presto/Apache Impala etc.
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and self-hosted runners in particular.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. While this role is mainly focused on maintenance, we would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services under your purview.
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.