Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Position Overview: The Sr. Site Merchandising Manager will oversee the merchandising of ShopKarls.com. Reporting directly to the General Manager of Ecommerce, this person will take ownership of day-to-day and promotional merchandising strategy and execution on our website, as well as identifying and executing against opportunities to improve customer experience and conversion on site. They will also be responsible for building and leading a team focused on site merchandising and media.
What you will do:
- Develop and own the process for refreshing site creative, navigation, and taxonomy to support a rapidly growing ecommerce company and to ensure customer traffic is efficiently converted into sales.
- Build, manage, and develop site merchandising and media teams.
- Manage site personalization campaigns, including creating new campaigns, monitoring and optimizing existing personalization, and working with the product team to create any new functionalities required.
- Oversee the product set up and launch pipeline, including managing our site photography team, to support rapid assortment expansion and raise the bar on how we merchandise products on site.
- Establish merchandising and customer experience KPIs and track progress against improving them, including opportunities like bundling products and creating collections to improve findability and average order value.
- Use Builder, our content management system, to create and optimize landing pages to drive conversion.
- Work with marketing, buying, and creative teams to plan and execute compelling on-site promotions.
- Monitor the customer journey, including conversion funnel on a weekly basis and identify opportunities to improve conversion rate.
- Collaborate with buying and product teams to support category expansion and ensure best in class PDP and PLP experiences, including displaying relevant information, and optimized photos.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to improve site SEO.
What experience you need:
- 5+ years experience in online merchandising or ecommerce, with focus on customer experience.
- 2+ years experience managing a team.
- Proven track record of using data to identify opportunities and achieve results and experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and CMS platforms like Builder.
- Experience managing multiple projects involving diverse stakeholders, using product management software.
- Experience managing personalization programs like Dynamic Yield.
What will make you successful:
- Analytical and process-oriented mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Customer-focused mindset
- Intelligent approach to problem solving
- Passion for organization and planning
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two yearly week-long company retreats
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.