About this Role
We're a small, distributed, remote, and async team that works on software used by over 30,000 businesses worldwide. We're bootstrapped and profitable and work with a highly diverse stack of modern technologies.
We're looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to help us work on amazing features and bring even more value to our customers. You would be a crucial part of our efforts to build a better product solving bugs, and creating new features in a high traffic, big-scale environment, and working closely with our amazing Customer Support/Success and Product teams.
Our tech stack includes, but is not limited to:
- Ruby on Rails
- NodeJS, serverless, Vue
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- AWS SQS, SNS, Lambda, RDS, EC2, S3 (and lots more)
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- 5+ years of relevant commercial experience
- Knowledge of Rails and Ruby or relevant other modern languages/frameworks
- Polyglots welcome!
- In depth knowledge of relational databases (experience with PostgreSQL welcome)
- Experience working remotely
- Impeccable command of the English language (both spoken and written)
- Self motivation and the ability to work effectively in an asynchronous environment
- ElasticSearch experience and knowledge of the Shopify ecosystem is a big plus
What you can expect from us:
- Work with an amazing team of self driven and highly motivated people
- Flexible hours and fully remote work
- Work with the best technology and always choose the best tool for the job
- Distributed, highly diverse team.
- Flexible time off.
- Continuous learning and development.
CartKit's products are used by over 30,000 active businesses from over 150 countries. We're profitable and have doubled revenue year over year. We're bootstrapped and entirely distributed — find us in Colombia, Mexico, Pakistan, Poland, and the United States.
We have a flat organizational structure; everyone is responsible and autonomous. We dislike bureaucracy and aim to eliminate operational inefficiencies. We don't believe in long meetings or formalities.
We encourage the team to find the right balance between synchronous and asynchronous collaboration. Each team member is on a personal journey to maximize deep work, focus, creativity, and impact.
We believe in an idea meritocracy. We focus on adding value and building, getting work done in the best possible way, and making something greater than ourselves.
We strive to develop technology that empowers businesses to drive sales, build deeper connections with customers, and multiply customer happiness.