Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Be a key contributor to an exciting remote-first software company!
CareerPlug empowers others to reach their potential. We do this, in part, by making it easier for our SMB clients to hire and develop the right people. We want to positively impact the lives of our employees, our small business owner clients and their applicants/teams, a reach that impacts millions each year!
What we do.
We provide innovative recruiting and HR software for over 14,000 clients and solve one of the biggest problems in small business - attracting and retaining the right people. Our applicant tracking and retention platform helps companies make better hires to have the right people in place to build a successful business. Our vision is leading us along an inspiring path to accomplish much more. The next stage of our growth will be powerful and will exponentially propel us toward exciting business, and more importantly, mission milestones.
We believe that people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work -- anywhere. To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members, and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all.
Who are we looking for?
Our developers work full-stack, building new features from scratch, and balance their work on new features with bug fixes, innovation projects, and infrastructure improvements. This is an opportunity to make significant contributions to a high-growth product and directly influence the growth and future direction of CareerPlug's software.
What technologies do we use?
- Be a key contributor in our process of continual improvement of the systems we work in
- Provide thoughtful, kind, and meaningful feedback on pull requests to other team members
- Write clean, readable code to implement new features
- Collaborate with the team to innovate and fine-tune our current engineering processes to ensure the success of the Engineering team
- Participate in group discussions about the patterns and implementations in the code base and how to continue to evolve those over time
- Resolve incoming bugs
- Write tests to ensure that changes to code properly fulfill business needs
The right candidate will have a solid technical background in the fundamentals of web development, with 3 years of experience building and maintaining SaaS products in a production environment, with a strong preference for candidates who have experience building and maintaining large production applications in Ruby on Rails. In addition, the right candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Kind and collaborative
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and passionate about learning new skills and build great products
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Excited to be part of a small, highly productive team
- Strong sense of autonomy
- Dedicated to writing clean, maintainable, human-readable code
- Work from home (we're fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
A note on COVID-19 & Remote Work
: As of March 2020, our formerly Austin-based team has been working fully remotely. We have transitioned to a Remote First
company forever. This role may be filled by any U.S.-based candidate.
This role pays a base salary between $130,000 - $145,000 with an additional $10,000 in bonus potential. Check out our philosophy on pay ranges
to get a better idea of how we handle deciding what the offer should be.
- Early = $130,000 base salary
- Mid = $137,000 base salary
- Advanced = $145,000 base salary