About the role
This is a full-time role with an immediate start, working remotely or in our Sydney Office. For those who wish to apply as remote applicants internationally, please note that we will only be accepting applicants who have a minimum of 4 hours cross over during 8 am - 6 pm AEST.
To apply, please ONLY submit your application via this link:
As a core part of the team, you’ll be:
- Working as a member of one of our small cross-functional teams tasked with taking our hybrid mobile apps to the next level in terms of UX, UI and features. Examples include a better camera and mapping integrations, along with adding Bluetooth capabilities;
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the web platform through AB testing, performance, conversion and SEO optimisation; and
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 2+ years of experience with modern JS frameworks like Angular, React or Vue.js
- Strong experience with app development (Ionic/Cordova, React Native or Native iOS/Android - Swift/Objective-C or Java)
- Experience using test frameworks - e.g. Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, Protractor, etc.
- A focus on detail pushing wireframes and mockups through to production
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get involved
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A Computer Science, Design or equivalent degree
- An interest in visual design
- Experience with user testing and A/B testing
Sound like your dream job?
Please note that we are only accepting applications that have completed our 5min application form for this role.
Upload both your cover letter and CV detailing:
- Interesting information about you! - include how you heard about Car Next Door and the position, your visa situation, and how you address the skills and requirements for the role
- The most difficult API/library/software bug you've squashed
- The most technically impressive thing you've ever built
- The largest deployment you've worked on
- Links to your portfolio/GitHub profile or code samples to help us get a feel for how you write code
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine, authentic selves and know that our team, our product and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about product development and creating an amazing platform for our community, come as you are!
NOTE: Sorry, we are currently not accepting candidates from Agency.
Please do not contact us if you are not a direct applicant. Thank you.