This position can be in-office in NYC or remote work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
CafeMedia is looking for an ambitious Data Engineering Analyst to join our Ad Code Engineering team. We are a highly entrepreneurial organization looking for people who are able to have a big impact immediately. We are looking for very smart, motivated people who get results and want to be part of something great.
At CafeMedia, you will be joining a technology team that builds and maintains a very high-traffic family of web properties that together reach over 90MM users every month. Over the past year, we have helped grow a large network of content sites, made contributions to open source projects, significantly improved our co-workers’ day-to-day by creating helpful internal tools, and designed innovative solutions to problems many digital media publishers have but few have solved. We strive to have a fun and welcoming team, and are eager to share knowledge and learn from each other.
Specifically, the person hired for this role will:
- Work closely with engineering stakeholders to understand data validation needs
- Own data validation for the ad code team, including creating specs for data validation, building reusable views to analyze data, and performing analysis
- Manage data analysis for long running experiments
- Dig into data to see if there are any current problems with our existing codebase
- Come up with new ideas and things to test based on data performance
- Monitor releases to ensure no impression / revenue / viewability losses
- Train engineering team to code and QA with data in mind
- MS in a computational field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering is preferred
- Experience working with log level data / machine data (i.e. Splunk, DFP log files, etc.)
- Experience developing/following/maintaining QA/Validation processes
- Experience with ad serving technology, including DFP/GAM, header bidding, and/or Prebid.js
- Have a passion for data and figuring out how to find a needle in a haystack
- Familiar with AWS services and data analytics products
- Demonstrated and referenceable skills as a contributing member of a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a team environment to meet short deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
A competitive base salary will be offered. In addition, we offer health/dental/vision benefits, 401k, life insurance, paid vacation/sick/personal time, and many perks.
CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.