Who We Are
Cables & Sensors is a highly efficient, fast-growing company that manufactures and distributes patient monitor accessories for the medical industry in the US and Europe. We are a small company that has been awarded the prestigious Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, ranking at number 377 in 2015. We are a group of ambitious & driven perfectionists who love what we do and are proud of being different from other companies in our industry. We are a high-tech company with a distributed workforce. This allows us to work remotely and enjoy control over our time. Because we have built an incredibly efficient and organized business, we are very selective about who we hire. If you make it in, we promise you will love working with us.
Are you keenly familiar with going above and beyond for a client and do whatever it takes to deliver world-class service? If so, this job is for you. This position will be part of our customer-facing support team; the ultimate goal for this position is to continue strengthening the experience customers have when interacting with Cables and Sensors. We expect every contact a customer makes with our company to be outstanding, and significantly above industry standards. Strong communication skills and radiantly positive disposition will help us to retain customers with an experience that sets us apart and keeps them loving us.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- Processes customer orders/changes/returns according to established department procedures.
- Works closely with the credit department to resolve disputed credit items.
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Partners with the sales team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Maintains and updates company process documentation.
- Is obsessed with our customers and providing value at every touchpoint.
- Outstanding customer focus, the capability to provide experiences to customers that are beyond the industry average.
- Problem solving and analysis, be able to resolve minor problems and make the appropriate decisions to make things right for the customer. Be able to identify between a minor and major problem.
- Time management, the capability to be efficient with time, dedicate efforts where they matter.
- Multi-tasking, be capable of managing multiple calls, emails and an onslaught of information during times when pressure increases and be able to manage them calmly and error-free.
- Communication proficiency, great communication skills both verbally on the phone and in writing by email. Demonstrate high attention for detail in grammar and spelling.
- Teamwork orientation, capable of working with a remote team, being involved and enjoying a friendly and warm work environment.
- Technical capacity, fluent with the use of online tools, desktop software, and mobile apps.
- Capacity to make decisions, being able to make decisions when assisting a customer, being able to identify when to request assistance from a supervisor vs. being able to make a self-made decision.
This job is a remote position. All office and computer equipment required to perform its duties will be provided by C&S. A dedicated, private, quiet location with a strong wired internet connection at home will be required for this position. Background noises should be strictly monitored as a professional environment must be communicated over the phone.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, we currently operate on the East Coast and may be looking to extend our business hours. If applying from the east coast, please provide your reason for being interested in a full-time schedule that may require working outside of regular business hours. (ie: 12pm-8pm EST)
Minimal travel is expected for this position. Typically, our team meets once or twice per year in Florida for team meetings; these trips or other training-related travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- 3 + years of recent experience with customer service is required.
- Strong experience in environments where multitasking is required
- Experience following and executing complex and detailed procedures
- Background in data entry/management
- Proven attention to detail. To show off this skill, when applying for this position through email, be sure to make the subject line “Your New Customer Experience Team Member”
- Strong computer skills, emphasis in the use of online tools (Salesforce or others, for example), Excel and Outlook
- Strong grammar and typing skills
- Excellent time management with little to no supervision
Optional but Preferred Experience
- Experience in healthcare, or better, medical parts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Because C&S is a small, growing company, it will be expected, from time to time, for every position in the company to perform tasks that are beyond their job description.
Position Reports to
Katee Saffer, Customer Experience Lead
- What excites you about this position?
- What was the best customer service experience you’ve ever had? Why did it leave this impression on you?
- If your friends had to describe you in three words, which three words would they choose?
- What is one skill that you’ve learned recently? How did you learn it?
- At Cables and Sensors, our company culture is extremely important. What qualities do you look for in a company’s culture?
- What is the funniest youtube video you’ve seen lately? (Please provide a link!)
Deadline for submissions is June 14.
It is the policy of Cables & Sensors to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Really, we mean it. This position is exempt per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).