We are looking for a talented, process-oriented expert WordPress Backend or Full Stack developer to strengthen our team and build on our technical foundation.
The expert developer understands the business outcomes customers expect and works to deliver the product and customer requests on time and within budget while actively participating in the projects production cycle.
You will be joining our big family of 130+ super motivated members, distributed over 12 countries.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work together with our product team to build and maintain the BuddyBoss products.
- Working on creating functionality for both client projects and products
- Contribute by building new features, plugins, fixing issues and constantly improving our products.
- Collaborate with design, strategy and sales teams to brainstorm and design solutions for client projects, products and other software needs
- Write well designed, testable, clean code using best practices
- Assist the customer support team in resolving customer issues in relation to the product.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, and release new patches.
- Help in managing the software development, making new product releases, and communicating the information to our customers.
- Help lead the development and ensure high quality outputs
- Lead QA — on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Closely oversee the performance of critical tasks such as live site migrations, live site maintenance, emergency fixes and other related
- Work with project leads to keep projects on scope, on time and within budget
- Balance project code enhancements while maintaining tight deadlines
- Assist with other tasks, as necessary, such as server related tasks, site maintenance and support, as well as other tasks within the skillset
- Stay on top of the latest web development trends, tips and tricks
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience developing on WordPress
- Expert knowledge in PHP and object orientated programming
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design.
- Advanced SQL knowledge creating, maintaining and improving performance
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Some front end development skills
- A good understanding of REST best practices
- A can-do attitude
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing on BuddyBoss or BuddyPress
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience with Unit Testing with PHPUnit
- Experience in an Agency environment