Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, MST (UTC -7)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Quality Insurance team is searching for their future Quality Assurance Team Lead. A curious, organized, and analytical leader that loves problem-solving and supporting their team.
The QA Team Lead will establish quality and assurance processes, measure team performance, and manage programs that support team development. The role will collaborate with other Operations leaders to
ensure that we are providing services that live up to our quality standards and ensure that timelines are met.
This role lies within our Quality Assurance department and reports to the Design and QA Manager.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
include but are not limited to:
- Support operations strategy
- Support manager in developing quality assurance 1-2 year strategy
- Propose solutions to cross-departmental problems or opportunities both within design and quality assurance and within the company.
- Establish visionary and innovative solutions that impact the department and/or Bonfire over 1-2 years
- Represent the QA team through presentations of processes and data
- Team Leadership
- Create and lead team-level objectives
- Conduct consistent 1:1 meetings and performance mentorship with all direct reports
- Lead recruitment, training, and onboarding of new team members
- Team Metrics
- Maintain strong tracking and performance of all key metrics and targets
- Process and Program Management
- Manage QA team schedule and capacity
- Look for ways to plan and improve operational efficiencies
- Lead cross-team process research and development
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English and able to comfortably communicate in spoken and written forms with ease
- Ability to work/attend meetings on Eastern Time, as well as flexibility outside those hours as required.
- 3+ years of design experience
- 3+ years of design project management
- 2+ years of people management
- Any appropriate and effective combination of any of the above.
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Effective delegation
- Critical thinking
- Risk management
- Experience in working remotely
- Project management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Data management and statistics
- Presentation skills
- Experience in print design and production
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!