About the Role
Beema is looking for a full-stack Ruby on Rails engineer to join our growing start-up. We are a tech start-up that offers innovative insurance products making them lovable. An incredible journey with great people to work with.
- We are a Ruby on Rails company that enjoys crafting lovely code on a majestic monolith.
- We are 100% remote, and we love it. Your time and your calm for doing your craft is key for our team.
- We don’t embrace microservices as a way of architecting Beema. As of now, we value our delivery pace and happiness too much to enroll in that journey.
- We understand the need for Single Page Applications and frameworks like React, but we are not using them in Beema. We aim for high performance via server side rendering of HTML (Turbolinks / Hotwire, Caching and Russian Dolls). End to end feature delivery is in the DNA of our team.
- We have many exciting challenges in front of us and we plan to face them with a small team of highly experienced and skilled developers with a similar mindset. Numbers don’t make a massive difference in software development.
- We are excellent to each other. Egos and dramas are not part of our culture.
- We love solving problems for human beings. We work collaboratively with designers and product owners to evolve our product on a weekly basis.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Enjoys writing code as part of a diverse and multiskilled development team
- Believes that writing tests as part of the development process is fundamental to build great products.
- Has real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software.
- Has experience with Postgres, Sidekiq and Redis
What we offer you:
- Great team and a friendly and inclusive environment
- The opportunity to work from anywhere with great colleagues
- Really exciting programming challenges
- $45,000 - $60,000 USD per year, depending on experience;