Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
Beam is looking for Test Automation Engineers with a passion for software testing principles, code quality, and automation. Our engineers get the opportunity to work throughout our broad suite of products using a diverse set of technologies and shipping code at a regular cadence. A great candidate is a self-starter with the initiative to improve the efficiency and quality of product delivery along with mentoring fellow engineers and contributing their experiences to our development and product processes.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an experienced engineer with a passion for people, products, and testing. You're excited to work closely with partners in Product and Platform development teams to fully own and rapidly iterate on automated test suites and pipelines. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company by proactively seeking and giving feedback. You’re comfortable taking complex problems and simplifying them. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products. You have a history of leveling up your teammates by introducing new principles and best practices and thriving in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Regularly ship high-quality code with the appropriate amount of test coverage.
- Serve as a technical advisor for your team to continually improve the quality of our code and products.
- Own the automated testing strategy and implementation for use in product delivery
- Act as a technical lead to keep team projects on track.
- Mentor fellow engineers to help level up the overall testing knowledge of the team.
- Help determine the appropriate scope and division of project work to ensure timely delivery.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest test automation tools, trends, and strategies
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building secure, tested APIs using integration testing (preferably Pact.io)
- Comfort writing code in multiple layers of the tech stack
- Experience with TDD or testing frameworks (especially Jest/Cypress/RSpec)
- Experience in Load Testing (preferably K6)