Be My Guest
Headquarters: Columbus, Ohio
Must be located: USA
View all Be My Guest jobs →
Be My Guest is growing and hiring a full-time Operations Assistant to join our team!
What We Do
Be My Guest is a podcast outreach and booking agency for entrepreneurs, authors, CEO’s, executives, and personal brands (professional YouTubers, bloggers, podcasters, etc.).
We get our clients booked on podcasts that reach their ideal customers and readers so they can get more publicity, grow their audience, and drive sales of their products and services.
Podcasts are arguably the fastest-growing digital media segment. There are 200 million radio listeners in the United States, and 70 million podcast listeners. Over the next 10 years those numbers will continue to converge, until podcasting takes over as the primary audio distribution channel that consumers listen and pay attention to.
Podcasting is just getting started, and there aren't many companies building expertise around it. The Operations Assistant will have an opportunity to play a part in shaping the future of Be My Guest as we continue our journey in becoming a world-class podcast agency.
We’re looking to hire a full-time Operations Assistant to help support our growing client base.
You’ll be working directly with our co-founders Erik and Jonathan to help our clients grow their businesses through podcast guest appearances (these interviews will be listened to by thousands of people).
This roles requires excellent research, organizational, and communication skills.
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Ensure our clients have the prep and interview details needed prior to every interview
- Monitor all client interviews, and update their Trello boards with the links once live
- Help with onboarding new clients: Order transcripts, create client onboarding assets doc, interface with copywriter on the project, create calendly scheduling links for clients
- Identify the perfect podcasts for our clients to appear as a guest on using our podcast database and based on the client’s expertise and goals
- Send handwritten notes + gifts to our clients at certain milestones of our engagement
- Send handwritten notes thanking podcasters for having our client on their show, and other random nice gestures
- Listen to some of our clients new interviews for potential additional topics they can speak about (on a case-by-case basis)
- Monitor our clients new blog posts / other content for potential new topics they can speak about
- Possible additional responsibilities as we come up with them :)
Who You Are:
- You have an upbeat, bubbly, and friendly personality that shines in online and email communication
- You're used to being in the “backbone” role in your life with others. You're outstanding at helping others make their mission possible
- You are really good at finding contact information for important people
- You LOVE spreadsheets and making sure everything is perfect
- You don’t cut corners to make your life easier (you spend as much time as needed on something to get results)
- Coachable/no ego - happy doing high level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks
- Excellent at project management and can successfully complete multiple projects occurring at the same time (attention to detail test - use the word "joy" somewhere in your application)
- A self motivated hard worker (we work remotely)
- You’re a podcast fan :)
- Similar experience is preferred but not required
- Must live in the United States
Benefits & Compensation:
- While we do get together in person occasionally, we’re primarily a remote company (you can work anywhere you want - from your house, favorite coffee shop, etc. :)).
- This is a full-time 40 hour per week contract position with an annual salary of $30,000.
How to Apply:
In order to apply for this position, please follow the steps below exactly as they are listed:
1. Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest.
2. Include the following
- Phone number
- URL of your Linkedin profile (if you have one)
- URL of your website (if you have one)
- URL of your Twitter (if you have one)
- URL of your Instagram (if you have one)
3. Answer the following survey questions in the Google Doc:
- After reading the job description, why do you feel you are a strong fit? Sell us on why we should hire you over everyone else. What differentiates you from your peers?
- What have you improved on most during the last year, and what would you like to improve upon next?
- What was your top accomplishment in each of your last two jobs (3 sentences for each max)?
- Do you have any similar job experience? If yes, briefly tell us about it.
- Do you listen to non-fiction podcasts or read blog posts. If so, what are some of your favorites?
- What is your work availability and desired work schedule? Please be as specific as possible with your availability on a day / week basis.
- Where did you hear about this job posting?
- Is there anything else we should know about you?
- The subject line should read “BMG Operations Assistant: YOUR NAME”
- The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.
Apply for this position
Please follow the instructions listed under "How to Apply" in the Job Description section above.