DevOps, QA, and Release Engineer
Headquarters: New York, NY
Must be located: USA
Visit company website
View all Barrel jobs
Responsible for several maintenance projects at once. Develop insights to improve upon our processes and quality assurance. Regularly help tweak automations for continuous deployment and improvement as well as port them over to legacy projects.
You have a passion for healthy code and spot ways to address infractions with automation and scripting. You think gitflow is neat and has merit. Since many projects are either "legacy" or inherited builds, you have an expert ability to quickly identify and troubleshoot bugs/defects—you can just figure it out because you have so many debugging skills. You also assist with deployments to production.
- Are you really good at automation and scripting?
- Do you thrive on multiple simultaneous projects?
- Do you cringe when you see bad code get through the pipelines?
- Do you feel the need to improve process to achieve efficiency?
- Do you occasionally get the itch to do some quick frontend templating?
If you're into all of that, keep reading!
- Implement front-end and back-end technical solutions based on requirements of our projects
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed
- Manage and engage in regular check-ins and onboarding with developers for automation or code review
- Help refine best practices, workflows, and standards and contribute to company knowledge sharing effort
- Review, merge, and deploy code from other remotes on minor maintenance projects.
- Expertise with PHP content management systems including WordPress and ExpressionEngine
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for web applications
- Solid understanding of web technologies including AJAX, social networking and blog platforms, widget development, mobile and emerging digital interfaces
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
- Expertise in working with git using gitflow branching model
- Experience with shell environments, UNIX/Linux administration, and scripting thereof
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Plenty of opportunities to grow within the team. This is part QA, part DevOps, and part Build-release engineering on a smaller scale. Opportunities to specialize and grow as the business scales!!!
This is a mid-level web developer role.
This is a TEMP-to-PERM basis.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.