Contract Web Developer (Shopify and/or WordPress)
Headquarters: New York, NY
View all Barrel jobs →
- Prior experience in working with an agency
- Advanced front-end development experience, taking designs and making cross-browser-compatible, responsive, accessible websites
- Experience building custom backend solutions or integrations for WordPress and/or Shopify
- Familiar with WordPress and/or Shopify information architectures and template systems.
- Familiar with WordPress's plugin and/or Shopify's app ecosystems
- Knowledge of modern development tooling like Grunt/Gulp, node, webpack, browserify, postcss, etc.
- Experience using Git for version tracking and collaboration with other developers (know how to do a `git rebase`?)
- Experience working with a team (developer, designers, project managers, marketers), especially remotely
- Understanding of AJAX and experience with the integration of third-party REST-style APIs
- An understanding of current SEO and accessibility best practices
- A working knowledge of performance optimization strategies and their importance (such as caching, asset minification, CDNs, etc.)
- A good sense of design and an eye for the details, able to bridge the gap between designs and implementation—transitions, animations, and fluidity
- Excellent written and verbal professional communication skills—strong command of conversational English, gives heads up when challenges or delays might occur, etc
- A high level of self-management and organizational skills
Apply for this position
1. Complete the application: https://gethired.barrelny.com/dev-application/ 2. Take the unlimited take-home test OR participate in a 20-min screening call and then take a 3 hour test. 3. Prepare for the interview 4. Prepare for reference checks 5. Prepare to get hired!!!