As a Product Developer at OptinMonster, you're responsible for helping small businesses grow and compete with the big guys. You will build infrastructure to create new solutions, improve existing features, squash bugs and help us rapidly scale our fast-growing applications. If you have a happy, can-do attitude along love with a love for developing products that are simple to use and help customers win, we would like to meet you.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :) OptinMonster
is the #1 most powerful conversion optimization toolkit in the world - trusted by over 1,200,000+ websites. We are a SaaS product and also have unique apps/plugins that connect that OptinMonster to WordPress, Shopify, and BigCommerce.
OptinMonster is part of the Awesome Motive
family of products which includes TrustPulse, WPForms, MonsterInsights, SeedProd, WP Mail SMTP, RafflePress, Push Engage, and more. We also run a suite of popular blogs including WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You're a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. Our developers "own" features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. As a remote company, communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done. The last 2% is as important to you as the first 98%.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Triaging bugs and enhancements that come into GitHub.
- Providing technical support to our success teams and to customers.
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product features and addons.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
- Reviewing peers’ code and functionality for bug fixes and new features, and providing feedback.
- Managing deadlines and owning projects from start to finish, including ongoing progress communication.
- Version control via git, e.g. tagging/branching/merging.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience creating/managing build systems.
- Dev-ops experience.
- Written a full-stack Vue or React app.
- A deep understanding of Redux for React and/or Vue.
- Developed/implemented an SSO (Single Sign On) application.
- Developed applications with integration across many siter/servers.
- Worked with Oauth applications/integrations.
- Experience working with CLI/bash scripts.
Here are the skills you'll need:
- A strong understanding of the Web basics including HTTP, HTML, and CSS (SaaS a plus).
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Google Analytics, Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc).
- Good understanding of WordPress plugin architecture and engineering.
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as NPM and composer.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Extremely organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Excel in a team environment and able to communicate clearly with your peers.
Working for a fully remote, fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five-year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About
pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience working with APIs.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Profile links with code samples (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc).
- Other profile links if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Note that stock/generic cover letters won't do - tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!