As a Happiness Engineer, you love helping people.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust, resulting in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this by listening to our customers’ needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Are you interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, one-on-one screen share sessions, and forums.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- High proficiency with WordPress.
- Experience providing technical support to customers, particularly via live chat, tickets, or forums.
- Solid experience troubleshooting technical issues, specifically with WordPress.
- In-depth experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting WordPress plugins and themes.
- Happiness Engineers must be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, please be sure to tell us.
An ideal candidate:
- Has created WordPress websites for clients in a professional or freelance setting or has experience providing support for WordPress-related products or services.
- Has experience customizing WordPress themes and plugins using PHP, CSS, and HTML.
- Has a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable for the general public.
- Is detail-oriented, resourceful, and organized.
- Has patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
Note:Applications that are not complete will not be considered.