Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Senior Solutions Engineer to play a key role in aligning our products with our largest customers' eCommerce journey.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Be the product and technical lead for our largest and most strategic customers.
- Build and develop technical solutions based on your interactions with our customers.
- Collaborate with other Customer Success team members to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams, e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Products, Engineering and Customer Support, to identify the necessary resources needed at each stage of the customer journey.
- Maintain strong relationships with WooCommerce’s agencies and partners, and leverage them to build even closer interactions with our customers.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers, and align our products, services, and customizations, to support their and WooCommerce’s strategic goals.
- Support the organization’s retention and expansion goals
- Advise customers and partners to develop solutions that can scale to target performance.
- Work with customer, technical, and hosting teams, to scale hardware, optimize code, distribute content, and cache, to meet performance targets.
- Contribute to the WooCommerce community - most of what we do is open-source!
- Be a key advisor to our customers on Automattic products and services, recommending how and when to best position them.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Have proven experience building large eCommerce or software solutions.
- Have a solid understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem.
- Are an excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally, and able to adapt to different audiences.
- Experience as a PHP developer on WooCommerce.
- Active contributor to the WooCommerce community, or to other open-source initiatives.
- Experience working in a fully distributed environment.