We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce. We're looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join our analytics team. As the data landscape evolves, so do our roles
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer on our team, you will:
- Design and curate intelligent reporting to identify changes, trends, and risks to the business, incorporating current critical metrics and anomaly detection.
- Build strong relationships with teams inside and outside our data organization to understand existing needs and find opportunities to use analytics to accelerate business growth.
- Make our data available: you’ll work to design database models and build ETL pipelines via Airflow.
- Make our data actionable: you’ll prototype and develop powerful Looker models to create smart dashboards that help our product and business teams succeed.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to better understand customer behavior, needs, and individual test results.
- Always be raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested transformations.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're proficient in SQL: window functions and CTEs are part of our daily work.
- You know and love working on business intelligence solutions: we use Looker as our platform, but experience with a different tool and an ability to learn can go a long way.
- You care deeply about the user experience when it comes to dashboards and reports and have crafted creative solutions to identify and surface trends, changes, and anomalies in reporting.
- You have an interest in data science - concepts of causality, experimentation, or applied statistics.
- You have worked in a Hadoop ecosystem before (in the day to day, we use Impala, Hive, and Spark).
- You have experience working across teams to deliver analytics solutions and are familiar with common metrics of software as a service (SaaS) business.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You're able to communicate clearly with and about data to technical and non-technical partners.
- You're highly collaborative and experienced in working with business owners, executives, developers, and creatives to discuss data, strategy, and tests.
We are the people behind WordPress.com
, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 70+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
and our Employee Resource Groups
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Please include answers to these questions in your application form:
- Tell us how this position fits into an Analytics organization, and how your experience and skills qualify you to play that role.
- Tell us about the time when you used analytics to accelerate business growth. How did you identify the opportunity, what actions did you take and what were the exact results of your contributions?