, we believe in making the web a better place. Our Apps division designs, builds, and supports our native apps for WordPress, WooCommerce, and Simplenote. We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Growth Engineer to help us take our apps to the next level and bring them to more people.
As a Mobile Growth Engineer in our Apps division, you will:
- Join a diverse team of Designers, and Software, Quality, and Happiness Engineers.
- Hold a strategic and technical role, at the intersection of marketing, design, and engineering.
- Play a key role in the strategy and accomplishment of one of our major goals for 2021: unlocking engaged users’ growth on our Android and iOS apps.
- Find opportunities and lead initiatives to improve activation, engagement, and retention for our mobile apps.
- Lead change to eliminate points of friction for our users.
This position might be a good fit if you are:
- Experienced in scaling and growing native app user bases to 10M+.
- Skilled at extracting and analyzing data, telling the story behind it, and issuing recommendations to reach goals.
- Accomplished in native Android or iOS software development.
- An effective, proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with prioritizing your own work.
- Passionate about the mobile app ecosystem and trends in both iOS and Android.
- Thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- Strong understanding of native app design concepts and platform design standards.
- Familiarity with the WordPress platform.
- Experience in user research.
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
How do we work?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
and our Employee Resource Groups