Director of Support Operations
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
View all Automattic jobs →
We’re looking for an experienced leader to direct the 24/7/360+ operations of our Happiness organization. You’ll work directly with Automattic’s head of support to shepherd our rapidly growing global support team of over 250 Happiness Engineers.
Our support teams help customers across WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce over live chat, email, and screen-sharing sessions. You’ll be responsible for helping this 24/7 operation run smoothly and effectively. Most of all you’ll ensure that we’re providing a consistent, responsive, and high-quality support experience for all of our customers.
We’re looking for someone with experience:
- Leading a large (300+ person) support organization delivering global coverage.
- Forecasting future support load and planning ahead to keep service levels consistent.
- Scheduling and maintaining 24/7 coverage across multiple products.
- Working across product, marketing, and finance teams to understand how support can best serve the business.
- Defining and reporting upon key metrics that evaluate support’s effectiveness and performance.
- Developing training and quality assurance flows that provide for a high-quality support experience.
Proficiency with WordPress is nice to have, though not required. Bonus points if you have experience working on a distributed team.
As a part of our globally distributed team, you can live anywhere in the world. Effectiveness in this role will mean occasionally shifting hours across weekends and odd hours to best coordinate with our global team.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.
Apply for this position
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.