Senior Software Engineer - Data Retrieval
- Position type: full-time employee
- Seniority: Senior Software Engineer (individual contributor)
- Location: Remote (desired time zone between UTC-3 and UTC+3)
- Compensation: 60.000 - 65.000 EUR/year + stock options (both based on seniority level)
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer of Data Retrieval at Athenian you can expect to have a big impact in shaping the product.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to design, build, and iterate on a world-class software web application.
You are expected to contribute to the Data Retrieval part of the backend. The Data Retrieval involves fetching, updating, and archiving all the data related to different data sources in real-time (Github, JIRA, CI/CD services, etc.). It is structured as a graph with nodes performing different tasks, implemented either as workers on Kubernetes or as Google Cloud Functions, exchanging messages through edges, implemented with Google Pub/Sub.
We are developers building a product for other developers and we build our product with a sense of pride and ownership. You will be in a collaborative environment where you will work closely together with product and engineering to understand user needs, and discuss new ideas to solve complex problems.
- Closely collaborate with the Data Retrieval team to tackle the current and new challenges to be ready to handle the expected growth
- Closely collaborate with the API and the Devops team as part of the Backend
- Understand customers’ needs and propose ideas and discuss solutions innovating with the team on engineering and product.
Skills & Experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken. The ability to communicate comes first, no matter the level of technical skills.
- Strong experience with Go.
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL.
- Strong experience with Linux.
- Strong knowledge of Git tools and concepts.
- Experience with different APIs.
- Experience with event-driven backend architectures.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with scalable backend design: distributed processing, load balancing, fault tolerance, etc.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Strong experience with Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, Pub/Sub)
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Rust.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience with columnar DBs like Clickhouse, Druid.
- Experience with distributed SQL databases.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with GitHub Actions, Circle CI, and Jenkins.
- Having worked remotely.
- Having worked in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Having worked on a SaaS product.
- Having used modern collaboration tooling (Jira, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, etc.).
- Responsible and professional
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Collaborative and with a strong team-spirit
- Curious and interested in learning new things
The hiring process is composed by multiple steps:
- CV review
- Screening Call
- Technical Assessment project
- Technical Interview + Q&A
- Architecture interview + Manager Interview
- Communication of the outcome
Engineering at Athenian
At Athenian Engineering we are currently a team of 8, including 1 team lead, the Head of Analytics, and the Head of Engineering. Everyone is a world-class Senior Engineer, each with a diverse area of expertise ranging from Language Analysis and System Architecture to Machine Learning on Code and modern APIs, and to modern Web Applications.
We collaborate with each other on a daily basis and we value each contribution and idea. We foster good collaboration through transparency and good communication, and we believe that teamwork is key to move fast and be successful.