Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Aten Design Group is seeking an experienced Developer and People Leader to join our team. This is a fully remote position with candidates in Denver, Colorado highly preferred. Candidates must be based and authorized to work in the United States.
Founded in 2000, Aten Design Group is a web strategy, design, and development company serving a broad range of clients making positive impact on societies around the world. We work on complex communications and data projects for organizations like Stanford University, World Wildlife Fund, Human Rights Watch, and many others. We are dedicated to creating meaningful user experiences, rooted in powerful open-source solutions, especially Drupal and React.
You enjoy both the technical side and the leadership side of your craft. You are energized by leading and supporting a team of talented people. You have led a group of people during large full-cycle web development projects to successful completion. You are a master of your technical craft. You value diversity of thought and collaboration. You take your work seriously and care about the impact it has on the people and the world around you.
About the Position
You will be a technical leader and a people manager on a cross-functional team of developers. You will closely collaborate with skilled designers, developers, and architects to tackle real-world problems alongside clients with diverse needs. This position requires energized leadership, clear, frequent communication – both internally and with clients – and the ability to quickly solve a variety of technical problems. Organization and the ability to balance multiple priorities are important.
Well qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in professional development; Drupal experience required.
- Proven success as a technical lead on a full-cycle project
- Proven success delivering a full-cycle project on time and on budget as a technical lead
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills, ideally with experience managing people or teams
- Ability to navigate difficult conversations and situations with a high level of empathy
- Comfortable giving and receiving tough feedback
- A strong command of open source software utilized by the agency (Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects within scope and budget with a high level of client satisfaction
- Ability to deliver appropriate and effective expert-level communication to clients and the internal team with little to no guidance required
- Self-motivated, decisive, and adaptable to change with competing priorities and demands
- Eagerness to learn new skills, deliver to clients, and mentor a team
- Ability to collaborate with team members and clients at all levels and functions
- Ability to navigate agency and industry-standard software with ease:
- Google Docs/Google Drive
Nice to haves:
- Agency experience
- Acquia certified
- Experience presenting at conferences
Compensation and Benefits
We think we have one of the best workplaces on the planet. Here are a few reasons why:
- Salary $110k - $120k based on location, skills, knowledge, and experience
- Generous unlimited PTO policy (that we encourage you to use!)
- Flexible working hours
- 3% matching Retirement Plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependent(s)
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular in-person company summits
Aten Design Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams are built when they are composed of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.